Hacking Is this normal? Backup works on disk channel..

OneOfTheSame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this odd?

I put in my backup of ToS:DotW and it loaded up in the main disk channel.

654642434dx7.jpg

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah its the rebooter option. I have yet to run a disc that runs like that though. Apparently only certain games do that.

frantier123

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
dinofan01 said:
Yeah its the rebooter option. I have yet to run a disc that runs like that though. Apparently only certain games do that.
How do u make it work? Interested to know a backup disc works w/o a modchip ....

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your using channels - press 1 as the channel loads - then press B and the wii will go back to menu - you should then be able to see the game icon - doesnt work for all games , but works on quite a lot.

You have to do this every time so its a tiny bit pointless , but great concept for future loaders.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frantier123 said:
dinofan01 said:
How do u make it work? Interested to know a backup disc works w/o a modchip ....
not a clue. try this thread. I wasnt active when the feature launched.

OneOfTheSame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.

I was playing around with the opts and etc.

I guess it nice to have, but it's still faster the old way.

Load up channel, start game > Load up channel, reboot, load up disk channel, start game

frantier123

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
OneOfTheSame said:
Thanks.

Load up channel, start game > Load up channel, reboot, load up disk channel, start game
Does this method means I dun need a modchip? I have a unmodded Wii. Does it work?

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frantier123 said:
OneOfTheSame said:
Thanks.

Does this method means I dun need a modchip? I have a unmodded Wii. Does it work?
essentially, yes. But a modchip is still the better option. For the modchip you dont have to worry about firmware updates, being bricked by ninty, the compatibility, the load times, and it looks more legit.

frantier123

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
OneOfTheSame said:
frantier123 said:

No, you don't need a modchip.

Thanks guys. But I dun actually like the idea of implanting modchip into my Wii as I am afraid if I accidentally brick my Wii, I can't get Nintendo to fix it.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
djtaz said:
If your using channels - press 1 as the channel loads - then press B and the wii will go back to menu - you should then be able to see the game icon - doesnt work for all games , but works on quite a lot.

You have to do this every time so its a tiny bit pointless , but great concept for future loaders.

As your padawan I should not correct you Master, but as a Wii user, I don't want on my diary saying "Backup Launcher Channel 4hrs", so instead I use HBC and the rebooter option, so my diary says "HBC 0:01 hrs - Tomb Raider:Underworld 4:35 hrs"

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can I ask a question? Why would you delete your mii channel? Its not like it wastes alot of space and isnt crappy like everybody votes?

OneOfTheSame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
can I ask a question? Why would you delete your mii channel? Its not like it wastes alot of space and isnt crappy like everybody votes?

I moved all my game wads/mii/shop channel to the other page.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
dinofan01 said:
All games work,as long as they are 1:1,not patched/decrypted.

Scrubbed ones are okay tho..

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried the rebooter with Quantum of Solace and it worked. i wonder if there is a way to hook on initial load of the wii, or if it actually hooks the disks that is in on wii menu restart.

EDIT: no it actually doesn't hook the individual game, i just changed out a 1:1 of 007 and put in a CODWAW 1:1 and it picked it right up. this would be awesome if we could utilize that channel via software.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
djtaz said:

As your padawan I should not correct you Master, but as a Wii user, I don't want on my diary saying "Backup Launcher Channel 4hrs", so instead I use HBC and the rebooter option, so my diary says "HBC 0:01 hrs - Tomb Raider:Underworld 4:35 hrs"

good post mate , i was looking for this app and now ive found it , i stupidly thought " the homebre disc channel " done this but obviously i was wrong lol

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=116...p;#entry1559190

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool