Is this is interesting/cool idea, or am I just going crazy?

Discussion in 'GBAtemp Art Studio' started by Xuphor, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Xuphor
    OP

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    So, for all of you that don't know, Second Life now lets you make mesh models in any various 3D Modelling software (3DS MAX, Maya, Blender, etc), and rig them yourself to make truly 100% custom characters.
    I've already done a number of them, which have sold fairly well, but my next idea just hit me as to how bizarre it sounds.

Seriously asking this, that's why it's not in EoF. 3D Model making takes some serious artistic talent ontop of technical, so I put it here. In Second Life (or any other game, let's say), does the idea of a Yoshi (from Mario Brothers) and a MLP pony Hybrid sound like something that would sell or not? Would you want it yourself? I've already done a bit of the model, and so far the head is more akin to MLP ponies, the body is Yoshi-style, as are the arms, but enlogated. The legs I haven't decided yet. No textures done yet either. It is at this point I realized how bizarre it is.

So seriously, does this idea sound insane to you, or is it something you see as potential to sell? Also, if it were free, would you even be interested at all?

EDIT: As Rydian so.... differently..... pointed out (brain bleaching), SL is quite the sexual strangeball place. This idea is NOT meant to be a sexual thing, absolutely none of the models I make for sale are compatible with many sexual simulators in SL. I am solely asking this is a purely platonic way.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    As somebody who has played SL with you... I'd like to be able to say "that sounds fucking retarded", but the brain bleach didn't stop all of what we saw, and some people would like it.

I don't know if it'd be enough to make it worth your time though.

3. Xuphor
    OP

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    Considering you played for maybe like 3 days tops, that's not very relevant. I'm just asking if the concept of a creature such as that would be good or not. It's NOT meant to be a sexual thing, I only make things of a sexual nature for my own use, never for sale. Don't want any problems with Lindens you know.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I was answering seriously. We went around to various shops so I saw what people liked or not, and I explored out on my own as well and saw lots of different people with lots of different customizations. I also looked around while trying to set myself up, to see what people were making and selling.