Hardware Is this GBA SP knock off any good?

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Its a cheap knock off
It has 120 built in games 36 GBA (Including a Pokemon, Mario Kart, the whole Crash Bandicoot series, and a slue of everything across the board.) and 84 fairly good NES games although no Mario Bros, But all contras are there and a couple of interesting titles like Bubble Babes & Friday the 13th.
Battery life is kind of Sucky 1-2 hours.
Behaves like it an emulator rather then true GBA hardware, acts sometime slow and sluglish on GBA not really notisable on the SNES titles.
Volume slider has 3 setting loud, louder and off took forever to get it to a nice point. Shell feels like a cheap version which I was expecting.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

demn formatting and huge letters >:C
i can read better small font than a huge font... the big font makes my eyes move from left to right more quickly, and i dont need a 6 pack on eyes muscules...

anywho, it says gb colour, no advance.. or no reference to advance.. however it says it has pokemon emerald.. but can be a hacked pokemon game..

and for 25+ bucks your better grab a real gameboy... or get the k1 gba sp if you want a knock off one...
i wouldn't trust in that knock off.. it seems really dubious...

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing it's one of the cheap clones with shoddy hardware; no GB/C support (unless through an emulator), slowdowns in heavier games, wrong screen size and pixel ratio, etc.

I'm also guessing the memory isn't writable, if you can even access it, so since you can't add your own ROMs there's really no reason not just to find a cheap used SP instead. Seems like I found some cheap refurbished ones on Taobao once, but even if there prices were still reasonable you'd have to pay fees and international shipping for an import service.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.