Hardware Is this controller official?

mrjezbud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all.

I have seen this controller pretty cheap second hand.

I am 50-50 on whether its fake or not as it has some weird red squares at the top. But the rest of it looks official.

Would someone be able to tell me if it is real or fake?

I am looking for a controller for PC, do not own an xbox one so have nothing to compare it to if i go look at it.

Attachments

• xboxone.jpg
    xboxone.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 444

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
the red squares are from the camera picking up the IR , i think it was for kinect to see the controller while in your hands or something, not that visible irl, the thing that looks fake to me is the menu and back buttons

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Label inside the battery compartment would tell you if it's genuine or counterfeit.
If it is a counterfeited one, they surely did their best on it then.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How cheap is it, and what's the return policy? If it's cheap enough with returns allowed who cares if it's real, just get it and try it out.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
never seen fake xbox1 controller before,there is 3rd parties controller
but only the official controller are wireless.

however,i strongly advice you to stay away from the first patch Xbox1 controller,there are bad.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's legit, it looks the same in the battery compartment as my controller, and i purchased this from gamestop long ago

EDIT: i'm an idiot, i didn't realize that the two controller pictures were from different people

Last edited by orangy57,

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a brand new Xbox 360 controller - be REALLY careful on eBay since the fakes are almost identical to the real thing at pretty much every glance until you just thing something is off. Then you check the battery compartment and check the logo on the top of the controller, with a misaligned 360 printing. I spent $26 on one of these and ended up threatening to escalate the refund to eBay and got the money back, bought a real controller for under $50 but they're only getting harder to obtain but thankfully this one seems to be holding up.

As for fake Xbox One stuff, watch for sales on the official ones. Often you can get them for $36-38 sealed

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol