Hacking Is this an ezflash iv lite compatibility issue?

extentofmysin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.repton3.co.uk
XP
Country
I have been trying out an Ezflash IV Lite and backups, and am having problems with some software saving - eg instead of "advancewar.sav" in the SAVE directory, I have "advance.war". The file type is not ".sav" as it should be, instead it has oddly become part of the file name. Whats the most likely reason for this problem, is it simply the fact that the Ezflash has compatibility issues with some software? Most software is ok, but for the ones going wrong, I have multiple entries like this for saves of the same game or software, each size showing as "0", and it is not a memory card problem, as I have tried more than one. These "saves", despite showing as 0 in size, often still work. In time however, the save does not work, but the multiple save entries (with the incorrect extension as above) still show.

Could it be because I am using a Superkey with Ez-Flash Lite (NDS Loader 1.66), or could it simply be because the game was not set up correctly when initially choosing what save type to use? What should I use instead of a Superkey if I have an Ezflash IV Lite? I have noticed that sometimes the DS or Ezflash does not realise that the Superkey is inserted, and so I do not get the Ezflash IV Lites correct skin/menu loading up. thanks for any help
smile.gif

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica

extentofmysin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.repton3.co.uk
XP
Country
thanks for the links, I think im up to date but Ill try a reformat/reinstall to see if it solves the problem - i think since its only happening with a couple of files then they may just be badly backed up or have errors, although if anyone has had similar issues (such as with the 0 kb save files with the incorrect naming as in my first post) then I would like to hear from them, just incase its a general issue with memory cards and can be solved. cheers!
smile.gif

D

Deleted-236924

Will I have to use 8:3 filenames on a EZ-IV miniSD with GBA games?
The EZ-IV client automatically renames them according to a release list, so I wasn't sure if I would have to rename them.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
Your limited to 8.3 DOS style filename convention due to the fatlib in use.

That's not true, my EZ4 works just fine in GBA or DS mode w/ long file names either from SD or NOR (GBA only, you can't burn NDS games to NOR).

Are you patching them w/ the EZ4 Client or something else? Use the EZ4Client. The EZ4 client should auto detect the save type and size (for GBA anyway) and patch it for you and create a file in the saver directory w/ the same name as it saved the patched ROM on your SD, only it will carry a .sav extension. IF it does something else, there is a problem.

Also make sure you are using the cart firmware that goes w/ the EZ4 Client you are using, this is important and can cause conflicts and the oddities you describe if they are mismatched. They do not carry the same version numbers, BTW. Currently I'm using EZ4 Client version 1.03 and firmware 1.720, which I believe are the latest (but I haven't bothered to look for a new version in forever).

Any PassMe device should work fine, that's not likely the issue.

Also, booting GBA games from DS mode can be a bit flakey. It's vastly improved on v1.720, but I still personally avoid it. Bot this shouldn't be what's causing your problems w/ file name trunking, it's just a tip. :-)

extentofmysin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.repton3.co.uk
XP
Country
problem solved - I found out that it was a bad memory card in the end, as reformatting didnt help, yet another card with the same software worked 100%, now with no issues at all. thanks for the help
smile.gif
I think a good program to check the health of any memory card might come in useful in future!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."