Is this a way to get free games on 3DS 9.9/10.0?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Wizardkoer, Sep 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizardkoer
    OP

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    Okay so you need I 3ds exploited with kernel and 10.0 emunand with unsigned game cia installed. Now go to eshop then repair the software and it will redownload it. After this can you system transfer to another virgin, exploited (maybe arm11) 3ds? Because when you repair the installed .cia from eshop (I tried it works), will the cia become signed and legit? And then will system transfer work to another 3ds?

2. juan_3579

juan_3579 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2015
    United States
    It doesn't work like that. Unsigned .cia files cannot be redownloded as purchased content via eShop. Even if it did work, both systems would have to be on the same firmware version, in your case, you would need two 10.0.0-27 systems in order to even attempt the transfer. Using system transfers where a large gap exists (a 9.2 3DS and a 10.0 3ds) would not work, encryption and the system transfer app change after most updates. Now, even if you managed to install legit .cia files on an exploitable 3ds, and then update it to transfer over to another updated 3ds, it won't transfer the legit .cia's because legit .cia's only work for the system they were "pre installed" on.

Only option is either wait for an exploit (which could take months/year(s)), or grab a SKY3DS in order to play "free" games.

Edit: the transfer would only work with two 3ds's that have a 10.0 Emunand, and even then, you'll get errors with the transfer due to "unlicensed content". If you have two Emunands set up on both systems I don't see why you can't just use save data filer and just reinstall all the .cia's again.

Last edited by juan_3579, Sep 14, 2015
  3. Ericzander

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    Get a Sky3DS. Yes it's not free, but it's literally your only option with a 9.9/10.0 3DS aside from selling it and buying one with a firmware of 9.2 or below.

Zidapi and Megaben99 like this.
  4. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    I didn't bother reading it, but no it's not.

730, Zidapi, Deboog and 13 others like this.
  5. ldeveraux

ldeveraux GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2007
    United States
    this is the single greatest response I've ever seen!

6. justln
    This message by justln has been removed from public view by Veho, Sep 15, 2015, Reason: Pointless.
    Sep 14, 2015
  7. Wizardkoer
    OP

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    If it IS unsigned, why does eshop let you redownload it?

8. tivanh

tivanh GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    It doesn't, your mistaken it lets you have the update thats all.

9. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    If anyone is wondering if you install a legit CIA of any game you CAN redownload it from the eShop so long as you don't do a system format, but to your question no no no no no.

Quantumcat and cvskid like this.
  10. honyo29

honyo29 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    Indonesia
    you can delete/uninstall a legit/purchased software, then redownload it to that system through eshop.
    then try install your pirated sw, you can repair it as much as you want, but try delete it, then redownload it from eshop, you can't. so yes, they are not the same.
    even for legit cia, there are conflicting answers on whether you can transfer it or not, i believe almost everyone here gave their answer based on their experience, so if you insist, you can try it on your own.
    experience is the best teacher ;)

11. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    You cant system transfer any installed CIA's

Quantumcat and tjhooker73 like this.
  12. tjhooker73

tjhooker73 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Tested on N3DS with Binding of Issac. And what he is saying is true. It does install the game/update from the eshop even thought it was not purchased.
    Actually it errors out at 99%

Last edited by tjhooker73, Sep 15, 2015
  13. Wizardkoer
    OP

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    I fully managed to redowload it.

14. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    No it won't work, unless it's a legit cia (and theses are not system transferable) or if you actually bought the game.

15. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    you may be able to redownload games under some circumstances, but stuff on nintendo's servers is encrypted.
    the decryption key is in the ticket in your ticket.db stored in nand. (and also the seed.db for the new fangled stuff lol)
    ONLY if the decryption key is correct (not a badly made cia), and ONLY if the ticket is legit (signed properly) - will it work without hacks.

you have no real tickets to decrypt the game.

Xenon Hacks likes this.
  16. Wizardkoer
    OP

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    But if you redownload, does it become signed?

17. Pikasack

Pikasack What is a title

Apr 27, 2015
    Canada
    Sorry we have EB Games up in Canada.

18. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    No

19. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    No. Stop ignoring people in the thread. You cannot do it. No piracy on 9.9 or 10.
    Get it through your head, if what youre suggesting is possible you wouldnt need to ask, because there would be thousands of threads about it

Last edited by Veho, Sep 15, 2015 - Reason: Language
    Quantumcat likes this.
  20. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Does anyone know the technical details on why legit CIAs are not system transferable? What is it that makes them different to actual real preinstalled games? If there was an explanation I probably wouldn't be able to understand it though I would enjoy trying. Or is it an actual mystery?

21. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Did you even bother searching? There is no need for another one of these threads.

22. Wizardkoer
    This message by Wizardkoer has been removed from public view by Veho, Sep 15, 2015.
    Sep 15, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.