Hacking Is this a known issue with PSPStates?

GTRagnarok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using v3 of it on a PSPGo. Saving and loading states works flawlessly. However, I'm finding that after loading a state and then trying to do a normal save in the game (Breath of Fire III), it hangs while trying to read my saves. I can't even quit the game from the home menu since it'll freeze on "Please wait..." and I have to hard reset.

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its fine to have PSP states on a PSP GO.. The Go only has one save-state whilst PSP states haves several more..

This error is known.. I have it on my GO so i can play through certain parts on Crisis Core.. That and it helps if others save over by mistake... This same problem happens to me so can't help there... Maybe V2?

To my knowledge, the reason it doesn't work is because the Go uses a slightly different firmware due to hardware and such...

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The Go doesn't have a built in Save-state. It has a resume game function which is totally different. Possibly you've made some changes in the interim, possibly it's a Go specific issue. It's unsurprising that there may be issues since the system was originally coded for the PSP 2000.

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always figured that the pause game function on the GO was taking a quick snapshot of the RAM so when you clicked on resume it was brigning it back exactally how you left it. I used to use this to get TN hen working before it was self signed and it worked..

I also figured that the PSP states did the same thing but allowed you to save multiple games making it more usefull...

Can i please have some verification on this matter?

GTRagnarok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
realveemon said:
I also figured that the PSP states did the same thing but allowed you to save multiple games making it more usefull...

Can i please have some verification on this matter?

That's right. PSPStates works exactly like save states on emulators. The pause game feature on the PSPGo isn't the same thing and is pretty useless to me.

Maybe it'll get updated in the future to fix the normal saving problem. I think v3 was the first one with PSPGo support?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately the Pause feature on the Go is pretty useless generally....it's handy on occasion, but it's not like non-Go owners are lacking a major feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...