Is this a good idea?

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Humble Bundle provides Steam keys when you purchase their bundles. You can sell Steam keys on G2A. Why not sell the big ticket $15 items and the popular mid tier items and keep the little things? You'd earn a little profit by selling the big ticket games, maybe quite a bit of profit if the games in the bundle are popular. You also get games either way! You could have a cycle of buying and selling Humble Bundle keys and then rake in profit from it too! I know the games aren't guaranteed to sell, but with a bit of judgement you could sell only games you could guarantee would sell!

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Humble Bundle provides Steam keys when you purchase their bundles. You can sell Steam keys on G2A. Why not sell the big ticket $15 items and the popular mid tier items and keep the little things? You'd earn a little profit by selling the big ticket games, maybe quite a bit of profit if the games in the bundle are popular. You also get games either way! You could have a cycle of buying and selling Humble Bundle keys and then rake in profit from it too! I know the games aren't guaranteed to sell, but with a bit of judgement you could sell only games you could guarantee would sell!
read the terms of condions on the sites? you could try, but you could get sued over reselling these keys if found out...

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Then it's a terrible idea. Thanks for pointing that out!
i don't know how they'll find out though... since you can give the keys away to a friend... reselling is illegal giving away not... giving away could however means they give you something... just as long as those two things keep being seperated it's okay...

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know how they'll find out though... since you can give the keys away to a friend... reselling is illegal giving away not... giving away could however means they give you something... just as long as those two things keep being seperated it's okay...
Gift the key to a friend who sells it? It's their key then, Humble Bundle can't control what they do with it. I should probably stay out of that though, I don't think it's worth the risk.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gift the key to a friend who sells it? It's their key then, Humble Bundle can't control what they do with it. I should probably stay out of that though, I don't think it's worth the risk.
not selling, 2nd and first degree selling is still prohabited... but you can give her or him the key without any reason, and he or she can just without any reason buy you dinner.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Originally things like this happened, I guess it would also depend upon the legality of selling keys in your area (some places are OK, others consider it a bad thing, some are undecided, most places theoretically allow you to sell goods you own though) and whether they could enforce a no resale agreement which might be present somewhere. I am not aware of anybody getting slapped hard, however there might be cases where people get things removed later down the line (because apparently one can do that with downloadable games tied to an account system).

I believe in recent times though humble bundle started bundling steam keys and the like together in one package rather than issuing game specific keys, I don't however know much more as I don't do steam.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not selling, 2nd and first degree selling is still prohabited... but you can give her or him the key without any reason, and he or she can just without any reason buy you dinner.
That makes sense. It's a shame selling keys is against Humble Bundle tos. Do you think they did that specifically so people wouldn't sell their keys for profit?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind, if your making money off of humble bundle, you are also stealing profits from them, as well as charities who really need it and maybe steam themself. But is just how I see it. Your call. :mellow:

Just don't ask yourself what would donald trump do. :creep:

Reactions: CeeDee

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind, if your making money off of humble bundle, you are also stealing profits from them, as well as charities who really need it and maybe steam themself. But is just how I see it. Your call. :mellow:

Just don't ask yourself what would donald trump do. :creep:
What if all G2A profits went into my next bundle purchase along with an extra $15 to pay for the bundle? Then I'm a charity god! But in all seriousness, I'm not going to mess around with selling their keys at all. At most, I'll give them to my friends and they'll get me a shiny new toy! Not as payment, no way! It's because we love each other so so much. :D

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if all G2A profits went into my next bundle purchase along with an extra $15 to pay for the bundle? Then I'm a charity god! But in all seriousness, I'm not going to mess around with selling their keys at all. At most, I'll give them to my friends and they'll get me a shiny new toy! Not as payment, no way! It's because we love each other so so much. :D
Well if you are honestly using it for more humble bundle stuff then i don't see much of a problem. Also if you are giving away games for free then you are also contributing to charity cause you gave to less fortunate. But again that just me. I buy games from humble bundle to save money, I got the "Humble friends of nintendo" Bundle cause instead of paying $15 For freedom planet, i got a bunch of games for the same price INCLUDING freedom planet. (even though some of the games i already owned or didn't want) So i mostly just saved on not spending tax. :P

And gave the other games away cause i didn't need it, now comes with guilt free knowing i spend money to give to charity. :)

Apprently citizens of earth can be used on 3ds to enable homebrew. so i heard.:unsure: But i already have 2 of them with homebrew and hax cfw so i can do without a third for awhile :ph34r:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: