Hacking Is this a good deal to buy

retrokilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I found this on my local .craigslist.org/ & I think this is a good deal but unsure of it..

R4DS for nintendo ds (NDS) + 2 GB Kingston microSD - $35

I now have R4DS in stock. They each come with a 2gb Kingston microSD card. It seems there has been doubts on the internet involving fake R4's. So I did a lot of research on which is a reliable distribution source and bought it from them. I also researched how to tell if your R4 is real or not. I have inspected each and every one of the R4 in my inventory and they are all real. I have even loaded them with the genuine R4 kernel (v1.18 English) and tested them on my own DS. Buyers are welcome to test the R4 out on my DS or their own to make sure it's authentic. I can even do the inspection in front of you to reassure you.

& then I asked a few questions & this was the reply I received

My model is simply the R4DS, not to be mistaken with the R4-III or the R4 upgrade which supports HC. The latter two versions are actually clones which if you research their names in google you will find forums on them. I got this bundle from http://www.nxpgame.com/r4tfk2g.html

I got the bundle because it comes with Kingston which is a preferred brand of mine. Furthermore, if you look up "r4 legit nxpgame" you will find forums in which people inquired about the NXP site. I know since I did so myself a few weeks back before I started ordering this myself. I understand that you want to make sure you are not buying a crap card. No one would. That is why I allow everyone to check out the R4 on their DS or my own before they buy. Like I said in my ad, I inspect every single card I get. By inspecting, I actually open each card and look at the chip and board inside. I can open it up and show you how to inspect the card as well. I am selling the bundle for $35 dollars. Let me know if you are still interested.

So is this a good deal & is this also a good Flash cardto buy & own has there any problems related with this card ? I am %110 a n00b & would like to get somthign working & easy to use thanks for taking time to read this..

Also thank you in advance for replying

retrokilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
no it is not, R4 is an outdated card now. go buy an acekard 2, edge, or supercard DS1 from somewhere like dealextreme.com

But being it is a outdated card does it make it a bad deal then I mean it still works right ?

charlieram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Acekard is about $11, TTDS is about $7 from deal extreme and you can pick up a 2Gb MicroSD card for between 3 to 5 pounds so that means it is a bad deal, as the previous poster stated get an Acekard or something else for a lot less, Acekards are very good in my opinion, very responsive and skinable via there interface.

Not forgetting to mention AcEkards and the like are still officially supported whereas the origional R4 relies on 3rd party software such as YSMenu

retrokilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
charlieram said:
Acekard is about $11, TTDS is about $7 from deal extreme and you can pick up a 2Gb MicroSD card for between 3 to 5 pounds so that means it is a bad deal, as the previous poster stated get an Acekard or something else for a lot less, Acekards are very good in my opinion, very responsive and skinable via there interface.

Not forgetting to mention AcEkards and the like are still officially supported whereas the origional R4 relies on 3rd party software such as YSMenu

hm... thanks for this input

I want to get this for th Wife & I hope it is super easy to use so you 2 are both saying that Acekard is the best card out there I do nto care how much I pay for them realy just trying to get a good card that will not break or cause my DS's to mess up

charlieram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It may not be the best but it is a damn good card, order it from dealextreme, they also support SDHC memory cards so you could go bigger than 2Gb for the same $35 but if I were you I would get the SD card frome somewhere like EBuyer.com on Supersaver delivery and they should arrive at about the same time
wink.gif

just realised you from the US, Maybe Newegg or similar for your mem card don't reckon you have EBuyer?

retrokilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
charlieram said:
It may not be the best but it is a damn good card, order it from dealextreme, they also support SDHC memory cards so you could go bigger than 2Gb for the same $35 but if I were you I would get the SD card frome somewhere like EBuyer.com on Supersaver delivery and they should arrive at about the same time
wink.gif

just realised you from the US, Maybe Newegg or similar for your mem card don't reckon you have EBuyer?

What is the best card out there I am open to spend the money on a trusted working card that is the best on the market & easy to use...

Thanks for all the replys I am a super n00b & this would be a gift for my Wife & I only want the best of the ebst when it comes to mods.

charlieram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Best card is speculative, I can only comment on the cards I have seen and tried and of those, the Acekard is the best but I have only seen R4, R4III, TTDS and Acekard but if you YouTube any of these cards you will see there UI and see what I mean. Edge card looks good also but is it worth that much more?

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the best card right know is the cyclods evolution but other good cards are acekard 2, M3, EZ Flash, and edge not r4s

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
retrokilla said:
charlieram said:
wink.gif

What is the best card out there I am open to spend the money on a trusted working card that is the best on the market & easy to use...

Thanks for all the replys I am a super n00b & this would be a gift for my Wife & I only want the best of the ebst when it comes to mods.

acekard is good if you are techy and like to fiddle, but I bought my mum an EDGE card and it seems easier to use, it doesn't have some of the compatibility quirks that the acekard2 has.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
charlieram said:
Ichigosj said:
the best card right know is the cyclods evolution but other good cards are acekard 2, M3, EZ Flash, and edge not r4s

Why is it the Best? not an argument, just a Question?

retrokilla said:
charlieram said:
QUOTE(Ichigosj @ Feb 15 2009, 12:15 AM)

Why is it the Best? not an argument, just a Question?

yes what makes this card cyclods evolution the best ?

I believe it has a few extra features, like real time guide. but for your average pirate it is just over priced if you don't use those features.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would say the features and the support behind it which i guess updates or fights akaio for the most support

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night