Is this a good 360 deal?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by GcGX, Nov 30, 2008.

1. GcGX
    OP

GcGX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2008
    United States
    Los Angeles
    I was thinking of buying this xbox 360, is it a good deal? Anyone know if it comes with HDTV cables? are refurbished hard drives trustable?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDeta...225335#proddesc

EDIT* Also there is a store near me selling refurbished 360's at these prices Elite 120GB $299, 60GB $229, 20GB $199 and they all come with 1 wireless controller 1 headset and all the cables.

2. nin10do

nin10do GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2007
    Taiwan
    UK
    don't know about this specific one but buying any expensive electronics that have been refurbished is not a good idea. most of the time they are fixed to work just beyond thier warranty.
    the xbox is expensive and its something you'll probably spend years on. buy a new one.

i can't really afford a lotta this stuff so i had to buy a modded box cuz the games are free.

3. gekiwolf

gekiwolf Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
  4. Cyberxion

Cyberxion Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2008
    United States
    I'd stay away from refurbished 360s. I bought one, and three months later it was dead. Refurbished HDDs are "trustable", but yeah, I wouldn't buy a refurbished 360...again. [​IMG]

5. 754boy

754boy :D

Banned
    Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    Mississippi
    Well I personally feel that a refurbed 360 is as good as a new one, especially when I've seen NEW boxes RRoD within 3 months lol.

6. AshuraZro

AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Feb 21, 2004
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    Microsoft may not honor the RRoD return on a refurbished unit so be wary.

7. GcGX
    OP

GcGX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2008
    United States
    Los Angeles
    I went out today and bought a brand new 60GB 360 with Fable II and Blazing Angels 2 (angels was not for me) for 395 total because of the store I got it from they threw in a free refurbished wireless controller and a 3 month Live card. I think it was an okay deal. Now to play Fable II finally =)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice