Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So i've been looking through auctions here, and i'm getting a bit confused:

1zfklmx.jpg

here's the front photo:

207ls1e.jpg

after comparing it with photo on gateway website pins look good, however after further inspection the sticker doesn't seem to match. So was gateway sloppy with its stickers or is it just a later clone ?

real_vs_fake_1-300x183.jpg

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
looks legit....the only distracting thing is the green PCB on the blue card....mine is red, but im pretty sure i remember some people saying they got a green pcb.....but idk

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
thanks, honestly it's damn disturbing, since the price difference is around 20usd in comparison to official reseller in my country.

btw out of simple curisity:

what about this one:
2vbwnqo.jpg

in this case there are some major (imo) differences in how pcb looks

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
See if you can update it with FPGA to the 2.0 firmware.... If it's successful, you've got a legitimate card!

EDIT: Whoops, should of read the post properly. Mods please delete this post.

Reactions: bkifft

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
argh, guess i'll go with official reseller, at least i can make mess if it turns out not to be a legit or something brakes ;)
i've already had some annoyances with clone card for nds and they're both around 100usd so 20 here or there for peace of mind might be the price i'll pay. Still gateway should provide some better info on clones given how some consoles got bricked.

glass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just curiosity, anybody else have a yellow PCB on the blue card? Mine is from the very first batch and I'm sure is legit btw.

Maciek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello dear gbatemp users. These pictures i have made. Its from polish site allegro. I Have sold many gateways in Poland and in the world on ebay and never had return. This is 100% legit product. Best wishes for everyone! Maciek.

Reactions: MOHRCORE

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hello dear gbatemp users. These pictures i have made. Its from polish site allegro. I Have sold many gateways in Poland and in the world on ebay and never had return. This is 100% legit product. Best wishes for everyone! Maciek.
nobody really said they where fake, pretty much all agreed they where legit.....its more a discussion of the pcb traffic lights

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
eggsample you should try to get on that authorized resellers list @ gateway site, with your prices it'll easily outsell the only official reseller in our country.

btw it's quite interesting yellow one is legit too, it's completely different design.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
eggsample you should try to get on that authorized resellers list @ gateway site, with your prices it'll easily outsell the only official reseller in our country.

btw it's quite interesting yellow one is legit too, it's completely different design.
That are all only cheap R4 clones with a new firmware. Gateway probably bought them somewhere very cheap. They aren't even really related to the 3DS mode functions.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ah right, since they're not related they might as well go cheap and order them somewhere, rather than manufacture them themselves.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ah right, since they're not related they might as well go cheap and order them somewhere, rather than manufacture them themselves.
well basically its cards that where blocked in 6.3 so the original makers and resellers probably sold all the "useless" cards off in bulk for very cheap....seeing as gateway only works on 4.x there was no real reason to pay for cards that work on the latest FW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like it when usps is like delivery expexted Today jk we meant tomorrow