Gaming Is This A Fake Super Mario World?

StaticSilva

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Anyone have any pics of a legit Super Mario World for GBA that they could post?

I just got this one on eBay and it seems fake.

Thanks!

StaticSilva

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done that and I've looked at other eBay posts for the game and they look different than the one I got. Plus I looked up some of the other GBA games that the seller I got this from is selling, and they don't look like the real thing either. I'm just wondering if someone who has the game can confirm that the internals of the cart are fake.

chomel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's is totaly a fake cartridge.

1) The logo on the cartrige is too "sharp".
2) The maskrom, the board and everything inside isn't official. When it's written in chinese or japanese stop searching, it' not official (it could be a beta cartridge but it's so rare). And I don't think there is a gba game that have this blob in the middle (the only official cartridge I know with a blob is Tetris on the first gameboy, but I could be wrong).

I have 3 fake games like this one. I was pissed at fist but they've been working so far without any problem and they were not that expensive...

Drud1995

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not as fake as a cart I was given by my cousin. The cart I was given had a front label that looked far off from that of a legitimate one, as well as a copyright on the back of the cartridge that said 'Nintondo' instead of the usual Nintendo.

chomel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's fake.

I don't see the two digits engraved into the front sticker like the real cartridge.

Actually, my fake cartridges have these numbers. So if there are no numbers, it's fake for sure, but if you can see these numbers, it doesn't mean that the cartridge in official. Best way is to open the cartridge anyway.

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The GBA name looks squashed, and the 'E' and 'Nintendo' on the cartridge are completely off.
Definitely a fake.

I don't know about the little details in circuit boards and such but the iffy labelling triggers it.

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do people even figure out how to fake these things? Isnt it a waste of money to manufacture these fake games when they could sell a romloader cart for more money?

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do people even figure out how to fake these things? Isnt it a waste of money to manufacture these fake games when they could sell a romloader cart for more money?
Good point. Although, some people don't want to know when it's a rom loader or they will be confused as to what the hell it does.
So they fake the cart and... well. You get the idea.

Reactions: funnystory

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The GBA name looks squashed, and the 'E' and 'Nintendo' on the cartridge are completely off.
Definitely a fake.

I don't know about the little details in circuit boards and such but the iffy labelling triggers it.

Cammygirl192 got it! That easiest way to tell, from all of the fakes I have seen (in person and in photos), every single one of them has the ESRB rating (in Pokemon's case, always an 'E') in slightly the wrong font/style.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fake, pics of my legit copy that I got at launch from a retail store

DSC02719_zpsxzplvlvi.jpg~original

DSC02720_zpszbwtympu.jpg~original

these copies only cost about a dollar or two to produce, then they resell them for $20 claiming they are legit new copies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: