Is this a fake? (R4iSDHC Gold Pro 2015)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Ndsn00b, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Ndsn00b
    OP

Ndsn00b Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    I recently bought an R4iSDHC Gold Pro card for my Nintendo DS Lite from nds-card.com: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=490

When I got it, I noticed different colour at the back of the card doesn't match the one on the website (slightly green-ish right under the golden lines area.) , as well as the 2015 font looking different. Moreover, the sticker itself was placed quite badly and not in its proper place.

I have yet to receive my DS LITE in the mail, so what I'm trying to ask is whether or not that card is legitimate. Has anyone bought it before? Does it run all NDS games flawlessly or are there any lag or slowness problems?

I'm completely new to the whole flash cart and NDS thing, so sorry for the uncertainty.

Thanks.

2. Rezatron

Rezatron Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2012
    Canada
    This isn't 2010. At this point in time in the DS card scene you shouldn't be concerned about "fake" cards of other "faker" cards. There are no "real" or "fake" cards anymore. The entire top of the www.r4isdhc.com website promotes this strange "fake and real" propaganda that just confuses people. Some of those "fake" cards www.r4isdhc.com shows at the top of there website are actually better than there "real" (lol) cards as those run a decent hacked Wood kernel which isn't as susceptible to microSD fragmentation and weird errors compared to there hacked DSTT kernel that was just ripped from www.r4i-sdhc.com by the way...

So to sum up, your card isn't fake as there aren't any "fake" cards, but it's just a clone of the R4i 3DS from www.r4i-sdhc.com anyway. Chinese copying other Chinese.

Does the card work? Yes? Then who cares which Chinese made the $0.50 profit from you. I would recommend dual booting into YSMenu. Check RetroGameFan's thread stickied at the top of this sub forum.

3. Ndsn00b
    OP

Ndsn00b Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Thanks, this is some helpful information to clear up the cards scene. I was just unsure. It's just that I've read about fake cards getting stuck, giving white screens, etc. -- although if I find the card to work perfectly well, I honestly don't mind whether it is a clone or a fake or a whatever.

Thanks.

4. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
  5. xy1154

xy1154 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    Switzerland
    Somewhere
    Original R4 team no longer exists and theorically none of these cards is "real".