Hacking Is this a brick

wimu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello i would really apreciatted if somebody can help me. First i must said that i modde 3 wiis succesfully before, so i know a liittle.
My problem is the next: I mod 2 wii from a friendof mine, one was a LU38 AND THE OTHER LU63 WII.
This weekend my friend call me saying that the wii from his son doesnt start, he see just a black screen when he started. I told him to press the rset buttom to check if priiloader 0.4 was still there he did that and then call me again to said that it was there so i though it was just a setting he change.
On Sunday i went to his house but big was my surprise when i cannot load anything other than priiloader menu, i cannot acces system menu no matter what i did the only other thing that load was Bootmii(but it only could be installes as IOS) even from here i cannot load HBC, so i proceed to make a copy of his NAND to test in my WII using UNEEk. After i make the copy i launch again the hackmii installer by installing the elf to the NAND, i can install it using his cube controller i only install HBC. Then it loadn HBC fine but his Wii controller wasnt sync cuz my friend son has two wii one when he visit my friend on weeken and otherr when he is living with his mother, so he sync the wii to use in the other Wii. In HBC evereything work except for any backup launcher like Neogamma or any USB loader, i think this has sthg to do with no Wii controller sync right? cuz when i use an emulato like snes or Wii64 with the cube controller it work. must said that the wii that not load anything is the one his ex wife bought for his son, and it was just untl a couple a omnths ago that i mod it cuz before that he only use retail game.
This is what is strange after i leave my friend house telling that i must first ttest in his copy of the nand looking for a solution before do sthg in the real one cuz i though i screw shtg in priiloader stting. THE COPY OF THE NAND I MAKE WORKS WITHOUT A PROBLEM WHEN I USE IT in my wii , i did nothing in his NAND just extrac t it in SHOWMYWADS.
So what could be te problem a hardware issue o perhaps has sthg to do with his componet cable i just read a couple of posts saying this can cuz this malfunction

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wimu said:
So what could be te problem a hardware issue o perhaps has sthg to do with his componet cable i just read a couple of posts saying this can cuz this malfunction
Does it your friend's Wii work with a composite cable?

wimu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Thanks for ur answer.
Yeah he always use this cable but i just read some post saying that this could cause an issue like this.
I find really strange that his copy of NAND work in my console using UNEEK, what would u think could be happening?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you make a NAND backup of his Wii before you modded it any further than installing the Homebrew Channel and bootmii? If so, just restore it. If not, check the Priiloader settings (like you thought it might be). Make sure they all check out and are on their default settings.

wimu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
i didnt make a dump of his NAND before i moded it cuz bootmi colud only be installed as IOS so i thought i would not helpme in case sthg wrong happened.
I make the NAND dump just after he told that his wii doesnt start, i did this cuz i think by reinstalling a new system menu using wad manager could solve the problem but before doing it i wanted to be sure that this was the problem; if i did that i would erased priiloader and i just have a horrible blackbrick. I did disabled all haks and no changes the wii doesnt start .The funny thing is that this NAND dump work great in my console without any changes.
SO could be a hardware issue?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wimu said:
SO could be a hardware issue?I doubt it.

QUOTE(wimu @ Feb 9 2011, 11:59 AM) i did this cuz i think by reinstalling a new system menu using wad manager could solve the problem but before doing it i wanted to be sure that this was the problem; if i did that i would erased priiloader and i just have a horrible blackbrick.
I recommend you reinstall all the IOS files using WAD Manager, but don't reinstall the system menu just yet. As you said, that would erase Priiloader, and we don't want to do that, at least not yet. What system menu version is this Wii on? I recommend you follow this guide, skip to the part titled Update to 4.2, but delete System Menu-NUS-v481.wad from the wad folder before you put the SD card in the Wii. Your goal here is to reinstall each IOS. If the Wii is on 4.3, make sure you add IOS80 to the wad folder. If the Wii is less than 4.2, add the IOS corresponding to that version.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
No, this is:

single-brick.jpg

./troll

wimu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
His system was on 4.1u oficial and i just installed the new IOS58 for HBC and the CIOS and of course priiloader 0.4, i read in several threads that blueooth module always broke down as i just say all i did was using the game cube controller cuz the Wiiremote is not sync with the console all it does is flash. IS a good idea but any idea why his Wii NAND backup work flawselly in UNEEK?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Might be set to use 480p and the tv can't display it. Using the composite cable forces 480i, so try that before doing anything else.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is probably a bad bluetooth module. Use savemiifrii and see if the recovery menu loads, it should and the wii should not power on with the wiimote.

Or just enable the priiloader hack "force standard recovery menu". If the recovery menu loads and the wiimote does not power the wii, try replacing the bluetooth module.

wimu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Yeah the recovery menu load just fine it shows 4.1u on the right corner, yeah it can load but using the hack in priiloader cuz i cant using the cube controller my frien d have. Li ke i said the Wiiremote ar e not synnc with console cuz my friend's son has 2 Wii he sync the controller to use in the other Wii.
other strange thing is that in MMM it shows that 3 remote are registred? Ithink maybe this weekend i will look somewhere to change the BT module.
"Might be set to use 480p and the tv can't display it. Using the composite cable forces 480i, so try that before doing anything else. " but his tv is a Sony Bravia full HD i was working good before.
Thanks for ur help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit