Hacking is this a bad dump, or the flashcart

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, I have a 2016 r41-sdhc gold pro card, and I tried to play portrait of ruin last night. so when I start playing I pick up a book for the girl, and I try to equip it, and when I pressed start: the game froze, the flashcart froze, I was unable to unpause it, and unable to go back into the flashcart menu with the button command. so,, then I tried the game again, and as soon as I was able to pause the game, IT DID IT AGAIN! so then I was curious, and started up dissonance of sorrow,, and it let me pause it. no other game I have played on the flashcart has messed up while pressing start.

to note though, a few games, actually deleted my save data before though, but that was just like 2 of them

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, I have a 2016 r41-sdhc gold pro card, and I tried to play portrait of ruin last night. so when I start playing I pick up a book for the girl, and I try to equip it, and when I pressed start: the game froze, the flashcart froze, I was unable to unpause it, and unable to go back into the flashcart menu with the button command. so,, then I tried the game again, and as soon as I was able to pause the game, IT DID IT AGAIN! so then I was curious, and started up dissonance of sorrow,, and it let me pause it. no other game I have played on the flashcart has messed up while pressing start.

to note though, a few games, actually deleted my save data before though, but that was just like 2 of them
If you can give me the ROM information like the CRC32, SHA-1, etc I can help you with that.

This the the information of the PROPER dumped game, anything other than this is either modified or badly dumped:
File: Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin (USA).nds
CRC-32: 96df4c4d
MD4: ee67a87e45a195041fd490c5837a1f2c
MD5: 2edd57540cae45842fbd19c45a4214f9
SHA-1: 382602e3615b2282eead584014125e71b5b0f033

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I had searched about this, and turns out this game freezes for a lot of ppl on flashcarts, it even has froze for people using the original cart, so I guess my next question is,, would I be able to play it on my phone with an emulator?? I know it isn't going to work on my flashcart unless I patched it

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I had searched about this, and turns out this game freezes for a lot of ppl on flashcarts, it even has froze for people using the original cart, so I guess my next question is,, would I be able to play it on my phone with an emulator?? I know it isn't going to work on my flashcart unless I patched it
Depends on how well your phone can handle it. I have never had issues running Portrait of Ruin on any of my flashcarts at all, I have two R4i SDHC flashcarts I should know.

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have the same brand lol but mine is the gold pro, maybe you have the dual core one then

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then i dont understand when I press start it freezes,, the entire card freezes even, I have to press the home button on my 3ds to get out of the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.