Is there where I admit that I am not good at this

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by tylermstevens, Oct 28, 2015.

1. tylermstevens
    OP

tylermstevens Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    I need help trying to figure out why I can't seem to get emulators to work on my system and even figuring out what the button maps are and if I can save in same. UGH I have so many questions. I have an Old 3dsXL firmware 10.2.0.28 U and have home-brew working on it. I finally got the blargSNES emulator to work but a lot of games like Zelda freeze. I can't seem to get the others to load onto the home-brew page. mgba runs extremely too slow. I am running ninjhax 2.5

2. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    u actually did ok...
    at least u launched the homebrew launcher properly:yay:

tylermstevens likes this.
  3. jaksy

jaksy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2014
    United States
  4. tylermstevens
    OP

tylermstevens Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    United States

Thank you for letting me know. But like i said I am new and not to familiar with a lot of this. I don't even know what you mean by kernel support. I don't even know what to look for in the slightest I am learning as I go. I have tried to look stuff up but don't even know what terms to use or half the time what people are even saying.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

yes, and that took quite a while haha

5. Playboxwii2

Playboxwii2 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2015
    United States
    *WRONG TOPIC DELETE THIS*

Last edited by Playboxwii2, Oct 28, 2015
  6. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    well, everything take times to learn u know... so calm down...

7. jaksy

jaksy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2014
    United States
    I'd suggest poking around topics and tutorials till you garner a basic understanding on some common terminology.
    These are all basic questions that have been answered many times recently on this forum in a variety of different topic and tutorial threads.

To grossly simplify it, Userland is the space inside which the software is running with it's current permissions.
    Kernel access is a deeper level allowing full control over the hardware including allowing access to dynamic recompilation & faster emulation speeds.
    I guess you could sort of think of it as the difference between running a file on windows as a user and an administrator.

There are no current publicly known kernel exploits past FW 9.2, so if you are on 9.3 and above, especially on an O3ds you are stuck with slow gba speeds for right now.

Last edited by jaksy, Oct 28, 2015
  8. tylermstevens
    OP

tylermstevens Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    United States

??? aren't you just a little too welcoming

9. br3compactor

br3compactor GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2015
    Brazil
    Zelda runs on Blargsnes 1.2 but not in 1.3.

Anyways, Blargsnes apparently has trouble running on Hax2.5, as opposed to Hax2.0.
    That said, if you want to run Zelda ALTTP on Blargsnes, you need Blargsnes 1.2 and Hax2.0.

10. Playboxwii2

Playboxwii2 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2015
    United States
    I posted to the wrong thread. I edited my reply asking for an admin to delete my reply.

Sorry for the confusion. ;)

11. tylermstevens
    OP

tylermstevens Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Thank you for clarification. :-)