Is there such a thing as a NTSC wad or a PAL wad??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ringorinfret, Nov 18, 2008.

1. ringorinfret
    OP

Member ringorinfret GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wondering cause i downloaded this huge pack of wads and I want to know if I could brick my Wii by installing them. (I got NTSC wii, US)
    Is there a program that can analyze the wad and tell the region (if applicable) or basically validate that it will work (thinking about that gamma channel wad that circulated and caused some wii to brick)

thanks! [​IMG]

2. toastert2003

Member toastert2003 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Listen, there IS such a thing as PAL wad and NTSC wad, I'm not sure of the repercussions of installing a WAD from the wrong region, could be as simple as it not working, but... yep there could be problems...

stick with your regions WADs for your WII system, and you'll be fine..

you know your fine if you stick with good wads from NTSC for a NTSC system. or a PAL wad for a PAL system.

Think twice before you act.

3. Trigger_Happy

Newcomer Trigger_Happy Advanced Member

United States
    Unless the WADs are updates, then you should be safe.

The only problems you are gonna get are errors running the game "This game cannot be played blah blah."

Nothing serious. I tried playing Super Mario 64 and I found out it was a PAL game on my NTSC-U Wii. So I used Starfall and made my Wii region free to Wads and I completely forgot SM64 was still PAL, but I loaded it up fine.

The problem now is the video with some PAL games.

4. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    You can also use freethewads.exe but aparently, not all the games will work..!! [​IMG]