Homebrew Question Is there such a homebrew to shutdown the switch?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does choosing Power Off from the power options not actually shut the console down for AutoRCM users? Surely it does.
Does for me, I don't know what's so difficult about using the built in power menu. I would find it more of a hassle to have to quit my bru then run another bru just to turn off the switch? That seems ridiculous to me.

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still think it's strange the power menu in horizon only offers sleep mode.. Why do i have to press the power button to select a shutdown..

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still think it's strange the power menu in horizon only offers sleep mode.. Why do i have to press the power button to select a shutdown..
Because it's not meant to be turned off all the time. Like my cell phone, I hardly ever turn off my switch.

My cell phone has an uptime of 137 days : 5 hours : 10 seconds.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
AutoRCM reboots the console after shutdown i think. But because the screen is black you don't notice it being on.

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does for me, I don't know what's so difficult about using the built in power menu. I would find it more of a hassle to have to quit my bru then run another bru just to turn off the switch? That seems ridiculous to me.

The shutdown option doesn't really turn the console off while using AutoRCM.
It put's the console back in RCM mode.

Resulting in high battery drain.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The shutdown option doesn't really turn the console off while using AutoRCM.
It put's the console back in RCM mode.

Resulting in high battery drain.
Well I'll be damned. It does turn back on after a few seconds. Never noticed because I don't turn the damn thing off for no reason.

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hm, but sleep mode does function like it should right? There is no reason to shutdown the console when using a payload, except for loading a different payload.

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hm, but sleep mode does function like it should right? There is no reason to shutdown the console when using a payload, except for loading a different payload.
Sleep mode functions like it should but if your switch runs out of battery it takes a lot of time to get it back on because of autorcm, this is why i think a way to consistently turn console off would be nice

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've just tried this. I used the Power Off option with my SX dongle plugged in and it is NOT automatically loading SX, which it would if it were rebooting into RCM. It does seem to actually power off.

Reactions: elm

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've just tried this. I used the Power Off option with my SX dongle plugged in and it is NOT automatically loading SX, which it would if it were rebooting into RCM. It does seem to actually power off.
Try it again. I'm getting conflicting results with my Switch. Sometimes it boots back into rcm, and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm using tegrarcmsmash and I'm thinking that when powering off, it's the USB cable still attached that is turning it back on.
I'm going to try my phone with nxloader, hopefully my phone doesn't send any juice to the switch, I think that's what is turning it back on.
I could swear I have turned it off without being connected to anything and it worked fine.

Also what bricc method did you use? SX OS or briccmi?

UPDATE: It is definitely the USB cable still attached to switch when powering off that turns it back on. With no cable attached it shuts down and powers off completely and stays off.

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try it again. I'm getting conflicting results with my Switch. Sometimes it boots back into rcm, and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm using tegrarcmsmash and I'm thinking that when powering off, it's the USB cable still attached that is turning it back on.
I'm going to try my phone with nxloader, hopefully my phone doesn't send any juice to the switch, I think that's what is turning it back on.
I could swear I have turned it off without being connected to anything and it worked fine.

Also what bricc method did you use? SX OS or briccmi?

UPDATE: It is definitely the USB cable still attached to switch when powering off that turns it back on. With no cable attached it shuts down and powers off completely and stays off.
no. it is not the usb cable,it auto goes to rcm again.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no. it is not the usb cable,it auto goes to rcm again.
Well I've just spent the last hour testing this theory and I can say that "MINE" does turn off with no cable attached. It only turns back on after 4 seconds and back to RCM when there is a charge going to it.

@sj33 seems to have verified this as well.

Although I do not recommend turning it off, as one little touch of the power button will turn it back on and you will never know until you go to use it and it's dead lolz.

TLDR - Use sleep mode you fools!

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do you know it stays turned off? The screen stays black when going into RCM.
I know because I opened it up and used a multi-meter.

Using NXLOADER from my phone, the Switch is not seen after turning off. Only after turning it back on does it detect it.

Also there is a significant "delay" for the USB connect sound and injection sound when using tegrasmashgui auto inject depending on if it's completely off (delayed 2 to 3 second) or already in RCM (instant).

Any questions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs