Is there still no way to control GameCube games in vWii using the WiiU gamepad?

Hammyface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I know you can control GameCube games in the WiiU gamepad if you install the game to the WiiU home menu. But lots of us have an external hard drive full of hundreds of GameCube games and installing them as WiiU titles isn't really an option.

Is there still no way to control GameCube games in vWii using the WiiU gamepad? I read someone made a custom forwarder that brings you right to Nintendont which apparently works, but for some reason it disables the USB ports! Making the whole thing pointless.

Does anyone know if this still is the case? I really want to play the 600 GameCube games I have ripped to my WiiU's usb hard drive using the WiiU gamepad as the controller. But I can't find anything about an update to this.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Works fine on mine. Can't remember how I set it up, but it basically has a Nintendont forwarder channel on the WiiU frontend.
Can't remember if my GC Iso's are on my Wii ext hd, Wii U ext hd, or int SD though...

Last edited by duwen,

Shifty_13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I use Nintendont forwarder but I have my games on microsd card, Works like a charm.
I think buying 512 GBs SD card can solve your problems, some of them cost like 15-20 bucks.

If you trim your games, 512 GBs could be enough for all ~600.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
U can play Nintendont on WiiU Gamepad if u create in WiiU Menu a forwarder Channel for GXLoader or Nintendont. But in this moment they are only able to read Games from SD Card, because WiiU is then not able to access USB for some reasen

Reactions: Hammyface

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure, yes, at least with a forwarder. I know I've managed it, because the forwarder asks you if you want to use the gamepad. if you go through usb loader gx, I think you need the same specialized forwarder for gamepad support.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I have the nintendont forwarder for this if you want it. I don't have a usb loader gx forwarder for it though. I don't use gamecube games with usb loader gx, just checked if they worked. I figured if I wanted to play cube games, I'd just go through the forwarder anyway.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
btw, I have the nintendont forwarder for this if you want it. I don't have a usb loader gx forwarder for it though. I don't use gamecube games with usb loader gx, just checked if they worked. I figured if I wanted to play cube games, I'd just go through the forwarder anyway.
Is the forwarder for WiiU or vWii Menu? Mine works from WiiU Menu can only access SDCard then.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He searches for solution to play Nintendont Games in vWii Mode with WiiU Gamepad. There is still no solution, over WiiU forwarder is still the only solution.

Reactions: godreborn

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've been able to create a Nintendont Forwarder that can access all your GC games from your SD card or USB drive, while still optionally playing with the GamePad for years at this point. I think I downloaded a channel of that from that old .iso site before it shut down like 3 years ago lol.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In short: vWii? No.
Wii VC? Yes.
That's not at all correct, as you'd know from all the posts above that state it works via a forwarder.
What doesn't work is having the games on the WiiU formatted external drive; due to the forwarder working in vWii mode it will only see a Wii formatted external HD or the SD card.

So... In short: Yes, but not if the GC games are on a drive formatted for the WiiU.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not at all correct, as you'd know from all the posts above that state it works via a forwarder.
What doesn't work is having the games on the WiiU formatted external drive; due to the forwarder working in vWii mode it will only see a Wii formatted external HD or the SD card.

So... In short: Yes, but not if the GC games are on a drive formatted for the WiiU.
Well no, if you store your GC inject on your Wii U's USB drive, it will boot just the same if you store the channel on your Wii U's NAND. Now, if you're going through the Nintebndont app and not launching injects, then yeah, you can only load GC games stored on your SD card or vWii's USB drive from there.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well no, if you store your GC inject on your Wii U's USB drive, it will boot just the same if you store the channel on your Wii U's NAND. Now, if you're going through the Nintebndont app and not launching injects, then yeah, you can only load GC games stored on your SD card or vWii's USB drive from there.
Well, yeah... if you do injects for all your GC titles... but if you have more than a handful and want to run them like a sane person... ;)
And I was obviously, specifically, talking about the Nintendont forwarder and not VC injects.

Reactions: Jayro

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, yeah... if you do injects for all your GC titles... but if you have more than a handful and want to run them like a sane person... ;)
And I was obviously, specifically, talking about the Nintendont forwarder and not VC injects.
Honestly, that wasn't clear to me, because when has the Wii U hard drive been accessible to any vWii apps? Just seems like it should go without saying that you can't store anything else on a Wii U formatted drive, heck if you tried to put anything else on it, your PC would ask you to format it.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Only works if GC games are on SD card right?
And for Wii games, USB Loader GX can’t load wii games from SD card too? For playing wii games using game pad?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only works if GC games are on SD card right?
And for Wii games, USB Loader GX can’t load wii games from SD card too? For playing wii games using game pad?
that's correct afaik. I think usb loader gx currently can only load cube games from an sd card. that's where my games are, and I know I've tested it. it does in fact work, and I'm pretty sure I read that wii games don't work, though never tested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended