Hardware Is there somewhere i can refurbish my 3ds?

xMusicax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a new 3ds xl and im looking to get it refurbished it got tons of scratches on the bottom and i just noticed recently the L button stopped working (i have to press it hard for it to work). Also my 3ds has costum firmware so i dont dare send it to nintendo, yikes.
im looking for somewhere it can be repaired basically.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on how much the labor would cost to fix what is needed to be fixed, if it cost too much, just get a new unit or move on to the switch.

As for L button you can try to open it yourself and see if you can clean it and reseat the cable, if that doesn't work, might need new button. The scratches on the bottom of the screen bother you much?

Last edited by Hayato213,

xMusicax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on how much the labor would cost to fix what is needed to be fixed, if it cost too much, just get a new unit or move on to the switch.
i just want to know somewhere i can fix it up i could care less about cost
Edit: also i have a switch already i just wanted to keep my 3ds nice and neat cause its got a great library of games i could fall back on.

Last edited by xMusicax,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just want to know somewhere i can fix it up i could care less about cost
Edit: also i have a switch already i just wanted to keep my 3ds nice and neat cause its got a great library of games i could fall back on.

You can get parts on ebay, it is not too hard to replace the L/R Button, just needs to take back cover off and another layer of plastic to access the L/R button

Reactions: xMusicax

xMusicax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i guess ill just do that. I really wanted to get rid of the scuff marks on the screen too but its to hard for me to replace the screen

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i guess ill just do that. I really wanted to get rid of the scuff marks on the screen too but its to hard for me to replace the screen
Do what I did. I bought a used one that was in better condition at a local pawn shop and swapped the shell. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."