is there something wrong with me?

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought a ps3 a couple days ago and i recieved it saturday. i turned it on and a green light turned on, and then it turned off after 2 seconds, finding almost no one with this problem i opened it up real quick to take a look. i saw it was missing all LEDs except the green that turned on. i assumed i was getting the YLOD, but there was no yellow light, because the LED was missing. and from knowing the YLOD is often caused by some problems with the gpu or cpu, i tore apart the playstation and wrapped the mobo in towels and tin foil around the edges leaving the gpu, cpu, and ram exposed. this is what i did with my RROD XBox. i didnt even read up any fixes for YLOD. so i threw it in the oven at 500 degrees for 15 minutes, the board began smoking and selled terrible, and you can see something melted, whether it was the plastic from the mobo or a bit of the towel, i dont know. so i plugged it in anyway... and well, i dont think i need to tell you what happened.

is it bad that i threw a ps3 in the oven because it possibly had the YLOD, and the oven could be used to possibly fix an xbox?

Edit: Whoops, thought i posted this in the EOF, well, i guess Off-topic chat isnt the worst place i could have posted this...

Last edited by CIAwesome526,

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I just made a thread here by mistake too. Don't feel bad! XD
Why did you place it in the oven...?

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
its a long story... its better than the towel trick, less expensive than a reflow. it was suggested by some people in the xbox forum.
Yeah... Here's the thing... They lied to you. You've been trolled by them. That will never ever ever EVER in the history of EVER fix something. Did they even bother explaining the things that it would do by throwing it in there or did they just say " throw it in.." ?

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... Here's the thing... They lied to you. You've been trolled by them. That will never ever ever EVER in the history of EVER fix something. Did they even bother explaining the things that it would do by throwing it in there or did they just say " throw it in.." ?
but my xbox worked afterwards....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s