ROM Hack Is there something like nitroexplorer 3 for gba games

playsaves3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want an all in one sprite extractor and reinsertor like how nitroexplorer 3 is for gba games Im running into a lot of bugs on fire red omega cause of the changed sprites

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nitroexplorer on the ds is about pulling files from a file system.

Commercial GBA games feature no such thing. Some homebrew will though.
There are a few techniques for finding the binary, and for finding the sound if it uses the sappy format. Likewise compression can have indicators and things to be searched for.

If you are specifically interested in pokemon though then most mainline pokemon games end up with tools made, or at least their internals documented. I am less familiar with the modern versions of these though so you will have to go looking.

playsaves3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitroexplorer on the ds is about pulling files from a file system.

Commercial GBA games feature no such thing. Some homebrew will though.
There are a few techniques for finding the binary, and for finding the sound if it uses the sappy format. Likewise compression can have indicators and things to be searched for.

If you are specifically interested in pokemon though then most mainline pokemon games end up with tools made, or at least their internals documented. I am less familiar with the modern versions of these though so you will have to go looking.
darn it did you see what I said on the other thread?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol