1. JArn7

JArn7 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you as well for taking time to check. I have done everything. I once was able to stay connected and dl covers and such. Just all of sudden it stopped staying connected to wireless and switches to wired all on its own. Must be a Gremlin inside my Wii....

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. alexander1970

alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria
    The only Thing left: Your WiFi Module is broken...now.Exact in this one Moment that you described,it stops working and that was it.:(
    You can try to get a WiFi module (not expensive on Aliexpress for Example ~3-5 US$)
    https://www.aliexpress.com/af/wii-w...modul&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20191120085603

or maybe easier,get a second used,broken Wii (no Power or no Video Signal ............or a "bricked" one..:D).

Thank you.:)

jeannotte likes this.
  3. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    The ios installed to slot 80 is not a concern, this is what modmii installs too (its a latched ios60 installed to slot 80 and its rev# changed). Syscheck actually looks like this wii was modded by modmii

I'm not sure what the issue is. Could be a hardware issue like suggested above. Your syscheck looks fine.

You could always try a Lan adapter and use an ethernet connection. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  4. Cryoraptor

OP Cryoraptor Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hey all,

Sorry I'm late to reply, but I have some knowledge about Wii bricks and such.

It's not the HBC that caused the problems as Letterbomb and a HBC installation alone has never caused a brick and never will. It is probably a coincidental issue.

It's not a broken WiFi module as to my knowledge the Wii will simulate a brick if the module is broken. It's also probably not an IOS issue.

If you haven't installed any cIOSs previously that might be interfering then either your router doesn't support the Wii or your Wii has a hardware problem.

When did you purchase your Wii and is it one of the newer 'family model' Wiis? If it is one of the earlier Wiis that are ~10 years old, a hardware problem is most likely. Old white Wiis are fairly cheap these days so I'd advise buying another old Wii if this is the case.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - something, console, doing