Homebrew Is there some way to get NTR CFW to stream virtual console stuff?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,740
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted User

OP
I wanted to record mysef playing a GBA game on my 3ds and for some reason whenever I enter the VC NTR CFW closes. Haven’t tried it on the other sorts of virtual console yet, but is there some way to get this to work? I definantly dont wanna record with a camera since I want to use the 3ds while layong on my bed or something so I’d want to move the 3ds around, but I also couldn’t seem to find cheap capture cards online so this seems like the cheapest option if there was some way to do it.
Basically, I was asking is ther either
A.) Some cheap form of capture card for a new 2ds xl
B.) Some way to make snickerstream work on 3ds virtual console

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Pretty sure Snickerstream is 3ds games only. Don't know about other capture cards.
Katsukity's card is completely separated from the system. It can output whatever you run from the 3DS: GBA hypervisor, DS/DSi (Twilight Mode), 3DS, etc. It doesnt matter.

They're very expensive, for what it offers, and since Stefan Merki doesnt install them anymore, I think no one is installing them in the world nowdays.

lemonmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to record mysef playing a GBA game on my 3ds and for some reason whenever I enter the VC NTR CFW closes. Haven’t tried it on the other sorts of virtual console yet, but is there some way to get this to work? I definantly dont wanna record with a camera since I want to use the 3ds while layong on my bed or something so I’d want to move the 3ds around, but I also couldn’t seem to find cheap capture cards online so this seems like the cheapest option if there was some way to do it.
Basically, I was asking is ther either
A.) Some cheap form of capture card for a new 2ds xl
B.) Some way to make snickerstream work on 3ds virtual console
Lol, if over $200 to $500 is cheap for you, you can find a katsukity capture card preinstalled somewhere.

I have a reddit post about this if you willing to order to a card to manually install.

If you want to ask if someone's selling one or offer for one, check out Loopy's forums. Someone is currently selling a O3DS for $350 from Korea.

There is also someone selling a N3DSXL for $500 on Letgo.

If you want to buy direct from Japan use Yahoo Auction Japan.

If Yahoo Auctions gives you issues use a service like Buyee or White Rabbit Express.

For Snickerstream or NTR Streaming, no, you can't stream VC or DS Mode without a capture card.

Hope that solves your question :P

Darkshana200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that the 3ds resets when you load GBA VC or ds and when it enters that part the 3ds functions stops working only way to stream these things are with a actual capture board like loopys or katsukitty which they cost alot sadly

D

Deleted User

OP
Katsukity's card is completely separated from the system. It can output whatever you run from the 3DS: GBA hypervisor, DS/DSi (Twilight Mode), 3DS, etc. It doesnt matter.

They're very expensive, for what it offers, and since Stefan Merki doesnt install them anymore, I think no one is installing them in the world nowdays.
Yeah, I kept seeing those, but they're way too expensive for me :P

Lol, if over $200 to $500 is cheap for you, you can find a katsukity capture card preinstalled somewhere.

I have a reddit post about this if you willing to order to a card to manually install.

If you want to ask if someone's selling one or offer for one, check out Loopy's forums. Someone is currently selling a O3DS for $350 from Korea.

There is also someone selling a N3DSXL for $500 on Letgo.

If you want to buy direct from Japan use Yahoo Auction Japan.

If Yahoo Auctions gives you issues use a service like Buyee or White Rabbit Express.

For Snickerstream or NTR Streaming, no, you can't stream VC or DS Mode without a capture card.

Hope that solves your question :P
Unfortunately that just restates my findings, but thanks for trying to help. $200-500 is way too expensive for this sorta thing, I'd probably only spend $50-100 max tbh, but was hoping there was some way NTR could do it .-.

why not use a GBA emulator for PC? why is a 3ds required?
I like to play games on my 3ds, and moving the save data over every time I wanted to record is a bit of a hassle, but after reading responses it seems almost required.

Overall, it seems like my best option would just be sending save data back and forth every time I wanna record unfortunantly :l

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My PS3 lives inside my PC via emulation +1