Is there really no way to play my big RAM games?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by BloodyJecht, Jun 2, 2016.

1. BloodyJecht
    OP

BloodyJecht Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2016
    Senegal
    Hello.
    Some of you might already be familiar with my problem. And I hate to post another thread, but I'm really desperate.
    I can't run MH4U, (even the demo wont work) SuperSmashBros., or MHX. I understand they need a lot of memory and my O3DS (nonXL) has to reboot everytime i launch them. So from 4.5sysnand I successfully updated to 9.2, installed menuhax, and then Luma3ds v5.5 as most members suggested. We were pretty certain it would work as I followed every step, including the path changer procedure. But alas, the games still freezes on a black screen.

So I went for CakesFW 138 as well, enabled the necessary patches (survive reboot patch, disable sig checks, etc..) but still the black screen haunts me.

Is there anything else I can do to make the games run on my system? These games are the reason I wanted to have a 3DS in the first place. (I settled for this O3DS unit my cousin gave me since I dont have the means to buy an N3DSXL yet) and after a week or so of trying to make it work, I just end up being frustrated. Help. Please. :cry:

2. leerz

leerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    unlink your nands,
    or go to 9.2 and redo all your hax/setup

3. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    You are either using a incomplete cia install/download, an out of region file, or you need to enter the eshop and go to your games page and go all the way to the bottom and select repair software.

4. BloodyJecht
    OP

Newcomer
    May 23, 2016
    Senegal
    I have already unlinked, and is already on 9.2..

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Im pretty sure the cia copies are good as they runs perfectly on my cousin's N3DS. Even downloaded a mh4u demo from ciangel and it wont work either

5. solress

solress Not a dev

May 12, 2016
    Netherlands
    Between here and there
    It might simply be because it's running from SD if you are on emuNAND, which is why it can only run in sysNAND.

6. BloodyJecht
    OP

Newcomer
    May 23, 2016
    Senegal
    Okay... how do i make it run from emunand?

7. solress

solress Not a dev

May 12, 2016
    Netherlands
    Between here and there
    not

8. BloodyJecht
    OP

Newcomer
    May 23, 2016
    Senegal
    So basically you're saying I cannot run these games at all? Please be more specific. Its confusing. Im new to all this stuff sorry

9. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    path changer thing isn't necessary if not using menuhax. also Luma3DS.dat needs to be at the root if it isn't (just being sure).

astronautlevel likes this.
  10. BloodyJecht
    OP

Newcomer
    May 23, 2016
    Senegal
    Yes, i am using menuhax. And yes, luma3ds.dat is in the root of my card

11. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    is your emunand updated?

12. BloodyJecht
    OP

Newcomer
    May 23, 2016
    Senegal
    To the latest 11.0 version, yes.. also i just downloaded and installed starupdater for luma3ds. Still no luck..

13. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
  14. BloodyJecht
    OP

Newcomer
    May 23, 2016
    Senegal
    It says on the post i wont need firmware.bin anymore (im on the latest 5.5 build) but its worth a shot. Let me try

EDIT: copied the firmware.bin to luma folder on my sd. Black screen still persists. :(

Last edited by BloodyJecht, Jun 2, 2016
  15. Khangaroo

Khangaroo $ORIGINALTITLE

Feb 27, 2016
    United States
    192.168.1.3 (don't ddos me!)
    Did you remember to update arm9loaderhax.bin too? I still had to update it, even as a menuhax user.

16. astronautlevel

astronautlevel Finding a reason, waiting for a miracle

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    The arm9loaderhax.bin is irrelevant on menuhax.

Delete the Luma3DS.dat on the root of your SD card and download the newest version from the Luma3DS releases page. Don't run the path changer on it, that's going to mess stuff up. Put the .dat in the root of your SD card also or it won't work, and don't touch the name of the .dat.

17. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    I'm pretty sure the issue is something else since they already tried CakesFW(with the reboot patch enabled)/rxTools, and they didn't work either. I told them to try re-formatting the SD card with EmuNAND9 in case it was formatted with GW or something and that might be interfering, maybe.

18. Khangaroo

Khangaroo $ORIGINALTITLE

Feb 27, 2016
    United States
    192.168.1.3 (don't ddos me!)
    Actually, it is a bit relevent. My 3DS wouldn't boot into DSiWare until I replaced arm9loaderhax.bin, even with an updated dat.

ihaveamac likes this.
  19. astronautlevel

astronautlevel Finding a reason, waiting for a miracle

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    Hm, that's strange. Not sure why it wouldn't work, formatting a new emunand may be worth a shot though.

20. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Test it out without a bootmanager. I had the same problems with DS Games but because it's a N3DS mh4u was not affected.
    Just replace your SD:/arm9loaderhax.bin with the one from luma3ds v5.5 (make a copy first). If you do it like this, you won't need the pathchanger because thats the default path.
    You don't need the luma3ds.dat either if you are on a9lh. Just replace that file from luma3ds.
    Load up emunand with luma3ds then and test it again.

This step will make sure, that it's not the fault of your 3ds if it starts working.
    That extended memory games not working because you're in emunand this is just bs.