is there no need for the Trucha bug anymore?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jackemw, Dec 13, 2009.

Dec 13, 2009
  1. jackemw
    OP

Newcomer jackemw Member

ive been recently trying to get HBC channels to work from my SD card. I had to use dop-MOD and dop IOS70 to make this happen.

when i origonally hacked my wii, i read in the tutorial that i should hack the IOS36, I did hack it, but not like everyone said to with TBR. I just used the new dop-MOD v9g.

Ive never attempted trying to restore the trucha bug and my question is will i ever need to?

2. M tha MaN

Member M tha MaN GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    If you install an IOS with dop-ios you can patch it after installing it.

I think that's what you have done. I don't know if you need the trucha bug to install the HBC (i think not)...

3. jackemw
    OP

Newcomer jackemw Member

na i installed with bannerbomb, but ive done everything that needs the trucha bug without it so idk [​IMG]

umm bit off topic, do you no what DVDx does exactly, i installed it with bannerbomb allong with bootmii

4. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    More info.

5. antiaverage

Member antiaverage GBAtemp Fan

United States
    dop-IOS MOD allows you to restore the Trucha bug. In a way, it is "Trucha Bug Restorer" but with far greater functionality. So, the old "Trucha Bug Restorer" application is no longer needed if using v9gp of dop-IOS MOD. So, you already restored the Trucha bug, just maybe you didn't realize it. That's how awesomely simple Giantpune's mod of dop-IOS MOD makes things for you.

6. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    the TBR process was in Dop-IOS MOD before giantpune ever touched it. He only added the ability to delete stub IOS....

and the nand permissions patch so his stub deletion would actually work.

7. antiaverage

Member antiaverage GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Except it had a FAT error which prevented it from working, which Giantpune fixed. Not that it's some huge feat, but it wasn't working properly before. However, thank you for correcting me and helping get proper credit to where it should be attributed.