Hacking is there no need for the Trucha bug anymore?

jackemw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive been recently trying to get HBC channels to work from my SD card. I had to use dop-MOD and dop IOS70 to make this happen.

when i origonally hacked my wii, i read in the tutorial that i should hack the IOS36, I did hack it, but not like everyone said to with TBR. I just used the new dop-MOD v9g.

Ive never attempted trying to restore the trucha bug and my question is will i ever need to?

M tha MaN

Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
If you install an IOS with dop-ios you can patch it after installing it.

I think that's what you have done. I don't know if you need the trucha bug to install the HBC (i think not)...

jackemw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
na i installed with bannerbomb, but ive done everything that needs the trucha bug without it so idk
tongue.gif

umm bit off topic, do you no what DVDx does exactly, i installed it with bannerbomb allong with bootmii

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jackemw said:
na i installed with bannerbomb, but ive done everything that needs the trucha bug without it so idk
tongue.gif

umm bit off topic, do you no what DVDx does exactly, i installed it with bannerbomb allong with bootmii

QUOTEDVDX is a homebrew application that installs a hidden "channel" which can be used by other homebrew applications to access home burned and factory pressed DVD content without the need for a modchip. This does not modify any IOS in any way, making it very safe.

More info.

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dop-IOS MOD allows you to restore the Trucha bug. In a way, it is "Trucha Bug Restorer" but with far greater functionality. So, the old "Trucha Bug Restorer" application is no longer needed if using v9gp of dop-IOS MOD. So, you already restored the Trucha bug, just maybe you didn't realize it. That's how awesomely simple Giantpune's mod of dop-IOS MOD makes things for you.

wrettcaughn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the TBR process was in Dop-IOS MOD before giantpune ever touched it. He only added the ability to delete stub IOS....

and the nand permissions patch so his stub deletion would actually work.

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy said:
the TBR process was in Dop-IOS MOD before giantpune ever touched it. He only added the ability to delete stub IOS....

and the nand permissions patch so his stub deletion would actually work.

Except it had a FAT error which prevented it from working, which Giantpune fixed. Not that it's some huge feat, but it wasn't working properly before. However, thank you for correcting me and helping get proper credit to where it should be attributed.

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: *Surgeon general's warning, if you see someone eating this run away.