Is there JPG Viewer that Auto Rotates Portrait Pics?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by greenisaac, May 20, 2008.

1. greenisaac
    OP

Newcomer greenisaac Newbie

United Kingdom
    I have been using the JPG viewer in Moonshell and DSOrganiser (on an R4 card) and although they work great for landscape pictures, with portrait pictures you either just see a portion of the pic displayed or it's zoomed out so you get a very small portrait image in the landscape frame. I was wondering if there is a DS JPG viewing utility which will automatically rotate portrait pictures to landscape mode so the screen of the DS is filled up.

Most MP3 players with an image-viewer seem to do this and was hoping there is a utility which will do the same but I've searched but not found one yet but maybe you guys have found one.

Thanks

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I don't know of one that automatically does it, but in ComicBookDS it only takes one button press to rotate the screen and a couple others to zoom in/out to your liking. It's worth a shot.

3. greenisaac
    OP

Newcomer greenisaac Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks! That is a great program with a lovely interface. I've heard of this before but hadn't tried it as I didn't plan to use Comic - books but I'm glad I've given it a go.

What would be ideal is if a program like this could read indiviual JPGS (before cpnversion) with the same functions. I guess no such utility exists as of yet.

Thanks again Dan. Great piece of advice!

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Glad I could help. Unfortunately pre-conversion is needed, as I don't think there are any programs that read *.jpg files from your card that can do what you want to do.