Homebrew Question Is there homebrew to make a save state of where I am in the game. Not the save file.

Megradome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games like smash, risk of rain 2, Mario kart you can't just pause and close the game and reopen and it be there. I am looking for homebrew where I can just freeze certain points in games.

UltimateFight

Mell-Known Member
Trophies
XP
Country
China
If such a homebrew existed, it would probably need to back up the entire memory area, which would make the save file size as large as 3.6G/4G.
That sounds crazy, but I think it's possible.:rofl2:

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It doesn't matter if its possible or not because its just too impractical. Save states work for older games because they're a lot smaller.
And also it is hard to achieve on running system without full documentation. Emulators do that with ease because they can freeze everything whenever they want. With savestates you need to replace everything while system is still running - including threads, registers, stacks, and count to that issue with aslr.
Just forget about it.

Last edited by masagrator,

Megradome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And also it is hard to achieve on running system without full documentation. Emulators do that with ease because they can freeze everything whenever they want. With savestates you need to replace everything while system is still running - including threads, registers, stacks, and count to that issue with aslr.
Just forget about it.
oof well thx anyway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night