Is there ever going to be any way to downgrade 3DS FW in the future?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Voxel, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Voxel
    OP

Voxel Fable Junkie

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Hi, guys!

Quick question; will there ever be a way of downgrading 3DS Firmware from the latest version down to something under 9.3.0? I want to be able to use Pasta CFW on my 3DS, but at the moment, Ninjhax 2.0 doesn't have the man-power to curve through the security to boot EmuNand.

2. fafaffy

fafaffy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2012
    United States
    Not in the current future. If we can find a new kernel hack, then maybe something can come out of it. Until then, however, downgrading is unlikely and by the time we can downgrade, it would already be useless/too late.

3. capito27

capito27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Swaziland
    Only the future knows what lies ahead, for all I know, Grabwaist could release a method anytime soon, but anyway, we are about to get a new way to start the home brew launcher thanks to smealum (we will still need CN to install it; but in my opinion, since it is most likely a save exploit, that would maybe mean a way to setup the home brew launcher later on without CN (thanks to SDF) , buy this is mere speculation at this point)

TL;DR : no downgrade yet for all I know, but we never know what the future holds

4. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    answer to your question? Yes.