Hacking Is there anyway to use Flashme WITHOUT a DS cart?

Jalani

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^ Topic.

The reason I ask is that my slot 1 is going bad. It recognizes game cartridges (including my passcard) less and less frequently. I thought since I have a M3 lite (slot 2), that I could get around this problem by using flashme. I realize I can just use it as soon as I get slot 1 to work again, but just in case that day never comes, is there any possible way to boot up flashme without having to use an actual DS cart? I don't really want to have to buy a new console if there is a work around.

Thanks for the help
smile.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember that FlashMe was made back before slot-1 flash carts even existed, so of course it'll work from your M3 Lite. You just have to make sure you're booted in DS mode before you can launch the flashme.nds file. I'd suggest doing this now, while you still have some slot-1 functionality.

Jalani

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I was going to do, but I haven't managed to get it to work again since posting. I was wondering if there is any way to boot it up from *just* the gba slot? Like is there a flashme.gba file floating around out there anywhere?

*sigh* I wish I had done this sooner
frown.gif
I was too afraid of breaking my DS, lol.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm guessing you have a DS lite which will mean that WifiMe wont work for you (its a wifi passme thing, but only works for ds phats with old firmware, but it lets you boot a gba cart in ds mode)

lbt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had the same cards: M3 Lite (Slot2) and Passme (Slot1).

The Passme is there for a reason: To boot the Slot2 card in DS mode. Without Passme you can not boot into DS mode.
But once you have flashed your DS with Flashme, booting Slot2 in DS mode will work without Passme.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup