1. JamesDaSpaghettiTaco

Newcomer

Greece
    For comparison heres my 2ds with TWLoader running Pokemon Platinum
    [​IMG]

And heres my friends DSi running Pokemon Pearl
    [​IMG]

I'm wondering if there is a way to "upscale the games so they look like atleast close to the original Ds and yes I know about holding down Start/Select while the game is booting trick, it doesnt have to be full screen but the original ds resolution makes the screen too small.

Attached Files:

Moon164 likes this.
  2. ghjfdtg

ghjfdtg GBAtemp Advanced Fan

3. JamesDaSpaghettiTaco

Newcomer

Greece
    When I said TWLoader I ment TWPatcher, pretty much my brain mixing it up since the icon of it is called TWL, thats what I have been using, and considering that its pretty good I dont have an issue with it, I was just wondering if there was another alternative.

4. cluesagi

cluesagi Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Native resolution with start/select and TWPatcher are really the only options. If you play a lot of DS games I'd honestly recommend investing in a DS Lite/DSi/DSi XL

5. JamesDaSpaghettiTaco

Newcomer

Greece
    im fine with TWPatcher, i just wanted to see if theres a better option, because if there is then why not go for it, anyway thank you for your help

6. epistaxis

epistaxis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Also that DSi is almost certainly an IPS screen and your 3DS isn't IPS (2DS is TN only) so it's not really a fair comparison.

7. BETA215

BETA215 GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    In TWPatcher thread you can read the dev intends to develop a AgbBg/TwlBg replacement (GBA/NDS firmware), which could include a way to make DS games look great on 3DS.

But, in case that feature is developed, it would work on New 3DS/New 2DS only since it would need more processing power, which old models lack.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - TWLoader, upscale, anyway