Is there anyway to tell what hook type I need for cheats in Neogamma ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by The-Random-One, Jun 15, 2012.

1. The-Random-One
    OP

Newcomer The-Random-One Newbie

United States
    I am trying to get these codes to work

http://geckocodes.org/index.php?c=RBHE08

I load Neogamma. Go into Ocarina / Wiird settings. I set the Wii Hook Type to the Hook Type the file says. Then I change the GC Hook Type to V1 & keep the second hook type at = 1st Hook & I enable GC Ocarina: to Yes. I load the game & then it says no codes found. So is there any easy way to tell which settings I need ?

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Are you using the file directly in .txt or converting it to .gct?
    The txt is a format easy to read and edit for humans, but Ocarina need a computer format so you need the .gct format when loading the game.

On Geckocode, click the "->GCT" link near the game title.
    now either:
    - In the textarea, delete the codes you don't want and keep only the one you want. Don't forget to edit codes with "xx".
    or
    - There is also a way to edit the code interactively (click on "Add code" link, codes needing a user value will prompt you to enter a value instead of "xx".

Once done, click on download gct

3. The-Random-One
    OP

Newcomer The-Random-One Newbie

United States
    I store the .gct file on to the root of the SD Card. The program puts a folder there named cheats with the .gct file in it. But i need the correct hook type. Because cheats with no hook type. Work just fine

4. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    There's no "cheats with no hook type", by default it's using the VBI hooktype.

I'm not sure which folder neogamma is using, but I think it's not "sd:\cheats" but "sd:\codes" (place the .gct in that folder) and "sd:\txtcodes" (place the .txt in that folder).
    If I remember, I decided to use the same folder for USBLoaderGX so users don't have many places for the same purpose. these folders are also used by other cheat code downloader/creator homebrew.