Hacking Is there anyway to reset Resident Evil 3D Merceranies save?

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Has taking it out while saving been confirmed or busted yet?
IIRC, there's a backup system in place to protect from total loss of data. Zelda: OOT 3D, for instance, has several parts of the save file with the same label. I haven't tried it, but my guess is that if you try and force data corruption, the previously written data is silently used the next time the game is played.

The funny thing is, for the price of an R4i Dongle, you could just buy a brand new copy of the game. They're not selling for much here.

I believe you have to use an R4i Save Dongle to send a blank save game over. Other than that, I know of no other way
You can also corrupt a save file and upload via the dongle, which is probably easier than searching for a blank save.

Reactions: 1 person

SuperMoLOL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol, try to pull out the game card while the game is saving, it may corrupt the save file and let u create a new one.. i didnt try that, its just an idea, so try it on your own risk

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Far as I know (don't know about dongle use/save corruption etc) there's no traditional way to reset the save data like you can with other games.
Gamestop actually pulled used copies and stopped taking trade-ins for the game a while back because of that issue. They later gave in to their usual greediness and started trading/selling used copies again. Capcom is aware there's no reset and said it will not be fixed. Personally I think any person or store selling used copies of mercenaries should warn potential buyers of the issue.
Anyway, good luck with corrupting the save.

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Far as I know (don't know about dongle use/save corruption etc) there's no traditional way to reset the save data like you can with other games.
Gamestop actually pulled used copies and stopped taking trade-ins for the game a while back because of that issue. They later gave in to their usual greediness and started trading/selling used copies again. Capcom is aware there's no reset and said it will not be fixed. Personally I think any person or store selling used copies of mercenaries should warn potential buyers of the issue.
Anyway, good luck with corrupting the save.
Or just have a 'save corrupter' on standby like they should. BTW: There's a way to disable the chip select/enable or corrupt address lines on the chip, to make the game think that the save is corrupted. This works for resetting many laptop board's password and probably there is a way to do it for the 3DS cart. Too bad the damn thing is so small that you'll probably just fry it. :( I thought that the 3DS had the saves on the system but the first poster implied that the cart had it since they loaded it and it was not empty.

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice that you got it to work without even taking the risk of taking the damn thing apart or deciding to use it as a guitar pick.

http://www.little-gamers.com/2011/06/28/top-of-the-sales-for-you/ Capcom's reasoning :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr