Is there anyway to go to wad manager if wii memory is full?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by delt31, Dec 20, 2009.

1. delt31
    OP

Member delt31 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Put too many games on the wii through wad manager and now the wii says mem full and I must delete. I tried deleting saves but no luck. I need to access homebrew ch but I can't. Is there anything I can do besides formatting memory?

2. timishu

Member timishu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Either PreLoader or BootMii will get you to Wad Manager before the System Menu loads assuming you have them.

3. delt31
    OP

United States
    I was able to move Some channels to my sd card but is it ok if I delete them straight from the wii as opposed to wad manager?

Posts merged

I don't believe I have either but is there a way to check?

4. Sparklex

Newcomer Sparklex Member

United States
    sry. bro i dont think so, this happens to me few time ago the only solution was to reinitalize wii (format).
    use next time for wiiware/vc-wad content triiforce with nand emulation [​IMG]
    and dont forget priiloader/bootmii and a backup if something goes bad next time

sure but your wii will says that no memory space left no matter how many titles you'll delete

5. delt31
    OP

United States
    Maybe I got lucky but i was able tonopen some blocks after deleting one channel sin and punish. I went back into wad mgr and unistalled sin and punish and it said ok for both ticket and game. Am I good to go or is that ticket still

6. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Deleting channels from the menu is safe, it just leaves the tickets behind. You can always delete stray tickets later with ATD or wad manager.

Formatting is not required here. It is also not recommended in any case, unless you have a mail brick.

7. Sparklex

Newcomer Sparklex Member

United States
    I wish I had the luck [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. delt31
    OP

United States
    thanks so when you say removing tickets, was my method correct? I just went inho wad mgr and found the sin and punish and did uninstall. Good enough?

9. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Uninstalling with wad manager deletes the ticket, so yes, removing it with wad manager cleaned up the ticket.

It won't hurt if you leave the tickets, but it's just good housekeeping for the wii to remove the ticket for wads installed with Wad Manager. Never delete tickets for shop-purchased titles, or you'll have to buy them again.