Question Is there anyway to direct SX to mount games from internal memory?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by jdblick1002, Nov 25, 2018.

1. jdblick1002
    OP

jdblick1002 Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2016
    I am currently experiencing an issue and I couldn't find anyone with a similar problem, and no one on the various switch subs knew what I was talking about. I have installed a number of XCIs which all worked and tested fine and appear in my library. As I have tested a number of XCIs over time, my mount list has grown and only shows the last 10 games played/tested. My issue is that the first lot of XCIs I installed were installed internally and now don't show up in the list when I go to switch a cart, only the XCIs installed to my Sandisk SD (when I check the file path). They still appear in my main library but of course ask me to insert the cart when I click them. I cannot do this because they do not appear in the list of last 10 games played list, in order for me to mount them.

All games were big console exclusives (Zelda, Odyssey, Kart etc) that I knew I would play for ages so installed internally, and all worked fine on SX 2.2 fw 6.00. I don't want to have to find NSP because I can't get USB install to work for me, and I could only find XCI format on those titles anyway (that actually worked for me). Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a known issue/limitation? If I could increase the 'last 10 games played' list to either extend the 10 XCI limit to include all games of the format, or direct the SX OS to internal memory instead of SD I'm sure it would solve the issue but I can't see any such option.

Last edited by jdblick1002, Nov 25, 2018
  2. SonyUSA

SonyUSA We're all mad here

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    SonyUSA is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    Do you mean NSPs ? You can't "install" XCI files, they are mounted on use. Also, I don't think there is a way to place XCI files on your internal system memory... if you did, you weren't supposed to. If your home screen doesn't have the games you want scroll all the way over and push the last button to bring up all your games.

3. jdblick1002
    OP

jdblick1002 Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2016
    The XCI games installed internally all worked fine when I first installed them, I haven't read anything suggesting this shouldn't/couldn't be done otherwise. When I say they don't appear in my list I should clarify the games list in the first SX screen after you enter album from the home screen. All titles appear in the games library off the home screen, but obviously don't play when selected, because I have yet to mount them, which I can't do because they don't appear in the SX mount list in the first place. I seem to be stuck in a loop that only me that has stumbled into :unsure:

Last edited by jdblick1002, Nov 25, 2018
  4. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

Nov 19, 2008
    United Kingdom
    They will only appear in the list in the SX "Album" if the xci is still on the SD card. If the games is removed from the sd card it will not show up on the SX list but will still show on the switch os list.

5. jdblick1002
    OP

jdblick1002 Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2016
    Ahh, so I need to delete the internal installations and swap around some data, as this is precisely what is happening. Is it deleted through data management?

6. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

Nov 19, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Yes if you delete the data through data management then the game will vanish from the switch home screen list :)

7. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    How did you even install XCIs to internal memory?

Did you use a tool like ZeroTwoXCI? But then that would be equivalent to installing it as an NSP, and would not prompt you to "insert the game card"...

How did you even do that?
    I didn't think that it was even an SX OS option to have your XCIs stored in internal memory.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted