Is there anyway I can see if my switch has cfw installed?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by lpoolm, Jun 17, 2019.

1. chippy

chippy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2017
    Australia
    Check if it has any installed games. Try running them if they do and if you get an error because of no patches it had CFW
    Check error logs in the settings. If you find some without games chrck the codes online.
    Btw the backup you did will not clean it if it's been CFW also restoring a different backup from q different switch will brick it

ikithme likes this.
  2. lpoolm
    OP

lpoolm GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    thanks for all the feedback, i probably never explained my issue to begin with that is why there is some confusion with regards to it sounding like i assumed it had cfw installed rather then it installs each time you start it.

Final question is there a way to turn off auto rcm?

I have used an sd card with sx os on and used my dongle to boot, i have selected turn off auto rcm but when i turn the switch fully off it still will not turn back on with an injector being used?

WIll it always need an injector now to turn on?

thanks

3. ikithme

ikithme GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2015
    United States

I'm not sure about SX OS, but hekate ctaer can turn off AutoRCM for you, let us know if this works (its under tools > miscellaneous I believe).

4. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    Search for saves.
    If there are plenty of titles, you have a clue of how many games went on that system.
    If there's a few, I'd bet it was ok and the user tried but failed to correctly boot CFW.

If not, restore factory settings and go online. And hope for the best.

5. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2018
    France
    Final Space
    @OP how many games are installed on the switch?

You could use ChoiNX to reload firmware and disable autoRCM from the options