Hacking Is there anything wrong with MK4 Mini?

CrazyPeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just ordered an EZ-Flash 4 Lite and MK4 Mini to be used on my new NDS Lite, as recommended by gamersection.ca. However, I've read a few posts that say stay away from MK4. So what's up with that? Is there anything wrong with MK4 Mini? In terms of feature list, it seems to have more features than the other passme cards. Also, can I still use the MK4 Mini to flash my NDS Lite's firmware to use Flasme V7?

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Probably people just bitching because it's a neoflash product lol (they've had a bad rep in the past) and it's more expensive (even though it has more features lol). From the specs it sounds like a good nopass... I can't imagine there being any problems using it, though I can't really vouch as I don't have one myself.

=)

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is an excellent NoPass device, and due to it's compatibility and features, it's currently my personal choice of NoPass.

The only reason I (and others apparently) would say to stay away from it is because it comes from the Neo team, the jerks who tried to monopolize the NDS scene in the beginning by tying ROMs to their backup hardware.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please view this thread for differences between NoPass units.

The MK4 Mini contains 2Mb of EEPROM for saves, and also has a switch on it that forces it to boot in NDS mode (so you can swap with a compatible Neo NDS cart and/or dump games) or to boot whatever GBA flash kit you have inserted. It supports sleep mode and also allows you to adjust the brightness of the NDS Lite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)