Is there anything to do with 3.61 vita?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by 3DSXLIsBroken, Apr 17, 2017.

1. 3DSXLIsBroken
    OP

3DSXLIsBroken Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2015
    United States
    So my friend who isn't really a tech guy, doesn't like technology and all of that, got a ps vita and decided to give it to me.
    It was hsi for like 6 months, and he did played with it a little, and I didn't think he will bother updating, since he doesn't really know how to do those stuff, so I figured I would have a sweet probebly less than 3.60 firmware Vita, but unfortanatly, it is 3.61.

Is there anyway I can downgrade it?
    I know about the scam sites, and I don't belive them, That's why I am asking here.
    And if not, what *can* I do with a 3.61 Vita?
    Thanks!

2. mummysboy

mummysboy GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2009
    You can always install ARK using the PSVITA IMG Tools
    unfortunatley you cant install adrenaline or henkaku.

ARK plays PSP ISO & CSO really well, and PSX Eboots(no sound) - most people recommend installing one menu to make it pretty.

3. 3DSXLIsBroken
    OP

3DSXLIsBroken Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2015
    United States
    with a version of less than 3.61 can I also play Vita games?

4. mummysboy

May 21, 2009
  5. MajinCubyan

MajinCubyan The Funky Super Saiyan

GBAtemp Patron
    MajinCubyan is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 24, 2014
    United States
    Orre
    Well, you could always sell it, then see if you can find one on or below 3.60, if you henkaku is something that you really want. Maybe check a used game store, preferably a local one. There are a few in my town that are under 3.60, they never update them there and no one ever buys them, which is why I prefer to get it from a local place rather than gamestop. I wish I knew what out the box firmware new ones come with.

Or you could get a PS TV, those are almost guaranteed below 3.60 new. Not quite on-the-go but with USB support, you can just use a flashdrive for a memcard. I got a 64gb one hooked up to mine.

And, as said above, you can run ark, which isn't too bad either. I guess it really depends on what you really wanna do with it. Never hurts to look on craigslist.

6. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    actually we have PSN spoofing atm, I think they didn't updated the old releases on there servers to the new key which would mean that he can buy and play almost all Vita games from the PSN store. Beside that looking on the post he quoted I assume he meant playing illegal backups of Vita games (the answer is that it's possible on 3.60 [manuell update from lower FW versions then 3.60 is possible and very easy, no downgrading possible yet])

Last edited by VitaType, Apr 17, 2017
  7. mummysboy

May 21, 2009
    From his first post i assumed his VITA was on FW3.61 - not FW 3.60

FW3.60 = TaiHen & Adrenaline & ARK & VHBL & PSN Spoofing
    FW3.61 = ARK & VHBL & NO PSN
    FW3.63 = ARK & VHBL & PSN

8. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    RIght. 3.61 users have no PSN, I totaly forgot that :rofl2:

9. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Yeah, gamestop updates the firmwares on ps vita systems that they get in just like with nintendo 3ds systems. Don't know if they update ps tv systems though.

MajinCubyan likes this.
  10. YugiSenpai

YugiSenpai GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2017
    Canada
    You could install skype with my guide that I posted here :D