Is there anything, so far, which uses Sighax to do something that A9LH couldn't?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by austin5623, May 22, 2017.

1. austin5623
    OP

austin5623 Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2017
    United States
    This is something I have been wondering, so far, it doesn't seem like anything is majorly different (other than not being able to use .bin files for payloads...) Is there anything, maybe like that I have heard might be possible, a truely custom firmware (like a modified Home Menu?) If not... Sighax (as of 5/22/2017) seems pointless. (unless you really care about updating Luma)

2. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    You can dump the bootroms with GodMode9 B9S version. :P

zoogie likes this.
  3. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    You won't ever know how awesome sighax is until you are a newbie trying to get perm cfw for the 1st time or a dev.
    It's also a big reason why we have the bootroms which will lead to even greater things.

Last edited by zoogie, May 22, 2017
  4. austin5623
    OP

austin5623 Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2017
    United States
    Yeah, but I have used CFW for about a week now, and I got A9LH just before Sighax was released. I've heard Sighax is way easier to install than A9LH, but I don't need to install CFW on another 3DS (as I don't have another 3DS). I wouldn't call myself "new" at this, but I've learned quite a lot in the past week about CFW.

5. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    If you already have a9lh, sighax isn't really any different for the end user. But as I said before, it makes a world of difference for devs and prospective users. One side effect is any current 3ds (65 million) can be hacked via hardmod - for all eternity. Another is this will possibly lead to ntrcardhax2, which can hack all current 3ds's with just a ds flashcard and a magnet - for all eternity.

6. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    If you already have a9lh it only takes 5 minutes to upgrade to boot9strap. And most of that time is just downloading the filed and placing them on sd