Hacking Is there anything known about this bootup mode? Block of dots with progress bar...

gbazone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Has anyone plugged a USB-C cable into a computer and debugged to see if it sends anything to PC or waits?

Edit: Skip to about 1:30s.

Last edited by gbazone,

gbazone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can check it yourself: https://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/USB
but I think there is nothing intresting, I think this is a "low level" updater or repair that tries to fix the system if you can't boot the normal recovery menu (because broken sysmodules ?)

I haven't been able to get into the mode yet in 4.10, but I'm trying right now.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't care too much, but thought I'd leave my 'finding'. This mode seems to install a previously downloaded System Update. It didn't download on its own for me using this mode, contrary to a post made above. Guess Wifi could have been acting up. Recovery Mode will download and install if System Update is selected though.

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I be wrong to assume that having a console that connects to USB would show a lot of hacking potential compared to something like the 3DS that has no USB capabilities. At least not out of the box like the Switch does. Maybe one day we could plug our Switches up to a computer and do such tasks as downgrading, or injecting custom themes, or movies... I M A G I N A T I O N~

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I be wrong to assume that having a console that connects to USB would show a lot of hacking potential compared to something like the 3DS that has no USB capabilities. At least not out of the box like the Switch does. Maybe one day we could plug our Switches up to a computer and do such tasks as downgrading, or injecting custom themes, or movies... I M A G I N A T I O N~
Downgrading certainly not, but Kate's confirmed that computers have access to the NAND over USB in that she's recommended we have a USB A to C cable to back it up before we mod it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome