[?] Is there anything I should know before making a system transfer from a homebrew 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TamDanny, Nov 25, 2015.

1. TamDanny
    OP

TamDanny GBATemp 3DS Fanatic

Aug 20, 2015
    Mexico
    So, I finally obtained the missing component for making a transfer to my N3DSXL that I got for my birthday, but I still want to keep the ability to use homebrew. I had a similar question here on the thread, but due to the new 10.3 update, I have new doubts. So here's what I know so far:
    Transferring from o3DSXL with 10.1. Has Ironhax & Themehax.
    Transferring to N3DSXL with 9.6. Able to use Broswerhax. (It's a new console, so I haven't done anything with it yet)

I was planning to use HANS with the System Transfer tool to trick it to think I have the latest firmware, but the 10.3 update blocked that workaround. Therefore, I need to have both systems updated to the latest firmware (10.3)
    I know that Themehax is not working on 10.3, so I have to disable that before that transfer.
    I know that it's possible to transfer Ironhax through a transfer, utilizing the PC method, as well as I must update the payloads to 10.3 before doing the transfer.

Is there anything else that I should know before going for the transfer? Like is there another workaround for the System Transfer app? Is it worth updating the consoles? I just wanna be sure with this...