[?] Is there anything I should know before making a system transfer from a homebrew 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TamDanny, Nov 25, 2015.

1. TamDanny
    OP

TamDanny GBATemp 3DS Fanatic

Aug 20, 2015
    Mexico
    So, I finally obtained the missing component for making a transfer to my N3DSXL that I got for my birthday, but I still want to keep the ability to use homebrew. I had a similar question here on the thread, but due to the new 10.3 update, I have new doubts. So here's what I know so far:
    Transferring from o3DSXL with 10.1. Has Ironhax & Themehax.
    Transferring to N3DSXL with 9.6. Able to use Broswerhax. (It's a new console, so I haven't done anything with it yet)

I was planning to use HANS with the System Transfer tool to trick it to think I have the latest firmware, but the 10.3 update blocked that workaround. Therefore, I need to have both systems updated to the latest firmware (10.3)
    I know that Themehax is not working on 10.3, so I have to disable that before that transfer.
    I know that it's possible to transfer Ironhax through a transfer, utilizing the PC method, as well as I must update the payloads to 10.3 before doing the transfer.

Is there anything else that I should know before going for the transfer? Like is there another workaround for the System Transfer app? Is it worth updating the consoles? I just wanna be sure with this...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice