Is there anything I can do to play AP2.5 games on non LT+ fw?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Shinigami Kiba, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2007
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    I can easily patch games using that one Wave Patcher tool, my current 360's firmware is whatever the latest before LT+ was in 2009, problem is I can't play games with AP 2.5 on it even if I patch them to wave3.

I have that new white Dahsboard that "Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit" but I can't play that game because of AP2.5 even after patching it to wave3.
    I can play MvC3 just fine from what I've seen though

I know it's easy to update to LT+, but I can't open the 360 up myself or the comptuer, I really am no good at that regardless of how simple it may be and I don't feel like paying $30 to a professional modder here to do it, but I will if I absolutely have to I guess.

I don't care about Live, I'm not banned but my system is probably flagged to hell and back because I play everything on it and I never go online anyway [​IMG]

2. Fudge

Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

Banned
    Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    New York
    Your only choice is to flash it to LT+. I recommend contacting GBAtemp member mocalacace. He recently flashed my 360 to LT+ and it works like a charm. He doesn't charge very much either.

3. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Oct 28, 2007
    Thanks man
    No need for me to send my 360 away anywhere, I have a whole bunch of local moders here who have stores and everything. I'll just take it to the place I bought it from and have them update it for me.

4. Amak

Amak Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Don't mean to hijack, but this is along the same lines:

I have a console with the dash right before this new one. It currently have the firmware that doesn't bother to do any wave/stealth check (console was banned). Will AP 2.5 be an issue for it or do I need LT+?

5. Fudge

Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

Banned
    Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    New York
    You can use this method to play current AP25 enabled titles, however, if AP25 games start shipping with a newer dash you will need to update to LT+
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=265912

6. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Oct 28, 2007
    It seems you need LT+ because from what I can tell AP2.5 is in-game
    the console detects and boots the game up, then quits to the dashboard saying the disc is unreadable

and even on LT+ you're going to have to patch your games, I was just wondering if there was a patch for older firmwares as well