Gaming Is there anything I can do to force my DSiXL to turn off?

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
and this is why I hate digital controls, this wouldn't have happened on my DS Lite.
I was playing Pokemon White and put the DSi XL in sleep mode/standby, next thing I know the light which was previously blue and at full charge flashes red and I can't turn the DS off or reset it.
It's been doing this for 20 minutes now.

The game worked perfectly, the soft reset on my AceKard 2i did so too

I figured I'd quit Pokemon, take the flashcart out and see if I can't turn the DS off that way, no dice it's just stuck on the main menu now with the red light blinking as if the battery is about to run out.

I have a DS XL I can and probably will let this run out of juice but that might take a while
is there a way for me to force it to turn off?

edit: since holding the power button doesn't work I'll just let the battery run out
Let this topic be a warning to DSi owners guys, if you have the Black and White ROMs and Flashcart 2i do NOT put your system in sleep/standby mode.

This isn't a problem on the DS Lite though

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
You do know it could be an issue with your power button, right?
Who knows, maybe by coincidence it stopped working when you decided to play Pokemon.
tongue.gif

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
My power button and DS are fine, phew.
I let the battery run out, put the thing to charge and it's working fine.

Maybe it was just a one time glitch, maybe it happens a lot
but I think I'll play Pokemon White on the DS Lite for now, though it's very difficult for me to read on that since this is Pokemon it's not that big a deal.

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem happen to me a couple of months ago. I looked up the code on nintendo's website and it says something like "battery not installed correctly". WTF?
So I removed the battery and put it back in. It was fine.

I didn't try holding down the power button for 4 seconds which might have worked.

skystealer

Muah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh. I think if you hold the power button for a while, it forces the system to turn off.

Then again, I could be wrong. I tried it when my DSi suddenly froze and couldn't get back to the DSi Menu or hold it for the regular 2 seconds. So I held it for about 5 seconds and it turns fully off, like the Wii I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself