Is there anyone working on 3.56 CFW?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by MarioBrotha, Feb 13, 2011.

1. MarioBrotha
    OP

MarioBrotha GBAtemp Regular

Jul 21, 2007
    United States
    over there
    Just wondering, with the new security features and all the suing, is there anyone that is actually working on cracking the 3.56 OFW ??
    And can someone explain the new security stuff? I thought that we had won since we had the official PS3 keys.

2. synce

synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

Nov 5, 2009
    United States
    I don't think so.. you can still play every game and there are tricks to go on PSN if you're desperate enough. When Sony adds some new features or releases a new SDK, there will be a bigger incentive to crack the latest OFW

3. Red Ire Lap

Red Ire Lap Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2009
    Canada
    It's probably really easy to crack, but with USB updates disabled, why would you want to? And how would you install it given USB update is disabled?

4. cacildo

cacildo Went and came back

Jan 20, 2009
    Burkina Faso
    Just create a CFw 3.56 with USB update.

5. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    If anyone is they're being quiet about it with good reason.

6. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Sony are only trying to sue anybody that releases CFW to the scene. That's no reason not to release a 3.56 CFW onto the scene.

7. Bloodgod

Bloodgod 嵐の王

Mar 25, 2007
    United States
    no need to make one ATM. all games work with 3.55.

8. Sotoro

Sotoro GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2008
    Gambia, The
    and 3.60 is already on the way. the last information was, that they want to release it this month, so there is no need for a 3.56 cfw

9. ChaosBoi

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    Wait, USB update is disabled on 3.56? That's really idiotic! I understand they want to prevent CFW, but what about those who don't have internet connection?

10. zachpl

zachpl Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2007
    United States
    I'm on 3.55 kmeaw and i'm using the PSN bypass and playing my backed up game online right now [​IMG] There really is no need right now.

11. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    please can anyone confirm this, since this is really pissy for me considering that i like to download as much as i can OUT of my network seeming as though i only have 3GB a month

on topic: if im not mistaken, waninkoko did tweet that he wont be working on a CFW 3.56 - as if anyone would try it lol.

12. overslept

overslept WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD

Mar 22, 2009
    United States
    California
    Well, is there any hope for a downgrader for 3.56?

Some people either A) accidentally installed it or B) installed it and later decided that they wanted CFW (like me)

13. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    Actually, graf_chokolo is working on a way to boot into OFW 3.56 from 3.55 CFW (think devhook, but without backup support) by using a hacked hypervisor to allow dual booting.

14. xDarkAngelx

xDarkAngelx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2009
    United States
    Yeah that'd be really nice. I go to sleep for ONE HOUR and I wake up to find out my dumbass sister updated because she was too impatient and wanted to talk to her boyfriend.
    ...dumbass...

15. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    For those people they have to update via an official disc when one comes out with a higher required firmware. It's okay for 3.56 since there are no desirable features introduced. It's true that people with no internet access out therefore locked out of PSN features and Netflix, but they were to begin with!