Hardware Is there anyone currently making PSVSDs?

moonboot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone currently shipping PSVSDs?

I know I"m late to the game here, but I've filled the my memory card on my v1 Vita & would still like to be able to use my physical game cards.

Every search I do for it is like pages of the SD2Vita, which sure, would work, but I'd rather still be able to use the actual physical games I bought.

moonboot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Guess it'll be me. I sent the board layouts they have in Github to a place that makes prototype PCBs, ordered a fistful of components to solder onto those boards, and will be building a few from scratch. What could go wrong?

Reactions: renatotec

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is anyone currently shipping PSVSDs?

I know I"m late to the game here

I guess I'm late too :) searched a lot few months ago but wasn't able to find one. ;)

I sent the board layouts they have in Github to a place that makes prototype PCBs

Ah! I have just done the same, my boards turned up today

I'm curious, how much bucks for how many PCBs?

Ofc I'd like too see pictures here from your builds :)
Thank you

Insomniac8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was 5$ for 10 boards I think, the bigger cost is all the other parts. I was planning on putting all the ones I don't want on ebay. (assuming they work!)

Reactions: susi91

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It was 5$ for 10 boards I think, the bigger cost is all the other parts. I was planning on putting all the ones I don't want on ebay. (assuming they work!)

Be careful with the chip, seems there are some variants or revisions out there!?
Some of them make sleep mode problems, battery drain, but don't know details.

InTheSpaghetti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I messaged spheresolid recently and due to world events he won't be making any right now, but hopefully if things change for the better he will do another batch!

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for now, anyone avoid modchipcentral for the PSVSD if you need one at least until I post back on any of mine from there working. I have 5 more on the way from them plus I have one non working PSVSD that is grounded properly from them. The one they sent me has proper grounding but the PS Vita hangs on boot with an SD card inserted. If the other 5 do the same then I will assume that none of the ones they sell actually work.

Yes, I actually ordered 5 more just to hopefully get a working PSVSD from those, especially since shipping is 15$ for even one of them.

EDIT: Definitely AVOID modchipcentral unless you are going to order several.
Out of the 6 I got, only one worked and did not freeze on the enzo logo.

Last edited by driverdis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.