Hacking Discussion Is there anybody working on XCI loading like SX does?

Do you want XCI loading on other CFWs?

• Yes

Votes: 85 72.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 27.4%

• Total voters

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not really a question of having money to lose. A banned Switch is still perfectly fine, it's just that you can't do anything online with it. It's a calculated risk. People are willing to take a chance of being banned to enjoy all the benefits of a hacked console. If they aren't willing to take the chance, they don't hack it, or buy a second Switch for online play only (but what fun is there in having an unhacked Switch? :P )

I agree with you
My switch has 140 games, do you think I'm banned? No
I don't play xci online or nsp
If I want to play online I restore my nand. I've been doing this since the beginning, why should I be banned? For me a switch that is banned is worth no more than $100, that's what I call losing money unnecessarily, now I don't like online, but if one day I decide to sell my console it will certainly be more valuable than a banned console, that's my point of view.

I could extrapolate by saying that every uncorrected switch that is banned is a waste, scirresM said it and I agree, on the other hand the rating of my switch will go up ,because statistically there will be less and less uncorrected switches that will not be banned, on the other hand who has a solution for hacking the corrected switches from nintendo? You see where I'm going with this?

Last edited by KHEOPS,
Reactions: Dust2dust

Cyanopsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not getting into the risk /less risk of ban argument, but looking back, roms that doesn't require installation always wins the race in the long run. In a short future, we won't be having this debate.

Reactions: Lil_SpazJoekp

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not getting into the risk /less risk of ban argument, but looking back, roms that doesn't require installation always wins the race in the long run. In a short future, we won't be having this debate.

I didn't understand everything in your message...
Roms? Which Roms are you talking about?
Dump xci? Is this a rom for you?
Otherwise an xci doesn't install anything? Okay, where are my saved games? How do you think nintendo sees the use of xci? That's a good question, isn't it?

Lil_SpazJoekp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Otherwise an xci doesn't install anything? Okay, where are my backups? How do you think nintendo sees the use of xci? That's a good question, isn't it?
They see it when you play online with a XCI without a cert or a shared cert

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well look for the person who was banned after dumping his cartridge in xci, he was banned and filled out a report, hard to find this 130 pages out of that, ask draxzelex he is well placed to answer you

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Out of curiosity, isn't the upcoming Smash Bros an online-oriented game? Why would someone who hacked his Switch be hyped about it, if he won't be able to enjoy the game the way it's meant to be played? To be honest, I'll probably download it when it's out, but I would definitely not call myself "hyped" about it.
Past Smash Bros games were barely playable online, so I'm not too hopeful there. It just requires such low latency and instant response that even a slightly high ping ruins it for everyone in the match.
But for sure Smash is not and has never been an online oriented game. Although I would still like online that actually worked, I'd probably not use it much.

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They see it when you play online with a XCI without a cert or a shared cert
https://gbatemp.net/threads/own-dumps-will-still-get-banned.517339/
Draxzelex
e's your answer OP. You will get banned regardless if you own the games or not. Wanna know why? You don't get banned for piracy, you get banned for hacking your console because it is a violation of their Terms of Service. Nintendo couldn't care less where the dumps came from. Should they care is a different matter entirely. But the point is that playing your own dumps of games via a hacked console is as much a risk of getting banned as playing dumps you don't own. For starters, they cannot verify if you own any .XCI games so it makes sense to ban anyone using these should they have the evidence. .NSP is easier but requires more effort on their part as that would have to a manual review process across millions of Nintendo Accounts.

tl;dr Nintendo bans users for hacking not piracy. Piracy is just easier to detect on a hacked console versus homebrew.

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you think that nintendo has not learned from its past mistakes? Don't you see the security difference between a n3ds a wii and the switch?
They can even ban a single cartridge (cert) which was not the case, it is time to open your eyes

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you can't wait like 20minutes for a game to install, I don't know why are you even downloading them.
What you're saying is pretty much nonsense. OMG YOU ARE SO HYPED. YOU HAVE TO HAVE IT IMMEDIATELY!!!

20 minutes? more like double that.. installing games on the Switch is so slow.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
https://gbatemp.net/threads/own-dumps-will-still-get-banned.517339/
Draxzelex
e's your answer OP. You will get banned regardless if you own the games or not. Wanna know why? You don't get banned for piracy, you get banned for hacking your console because it is a violation of their Terms of Service. Nintendo couldn't care less where the dumps came from. Should they care is a different matter entirely. But the point is that playing your own dumps of games via a hacked console is as much a risk of getting banned as playing dumps you don't own. For starters, they cannot verify if you own any .XCI games so it makes sense to ban anyone using these should they have the evidence. .NSP is easier but requires more effort on their part as that would have to a manual review process across millions of Nintendo Accounts.

tl;dr Nintendo bans users for hacking not piracy. Piracy is just easier to detect on a hacked console versus homebrew.
I'm using homebrew and playing my own dumps as xci online for month, wasn't banned yet, but I also haven't installed any nsps and used atmospheres creport with sxos to reduce the number of errors send to Nintendo. I'm prepared to get banned someday, but if you know what you are doing, and that Nintendo detects piracy and modding mainly by game cert and error logs, the chance is not that high to get banned if you keep those clean (and deleting error reports in 5.x+ may also be a bad idea since they log how many logs got created and send).

That's also the reason I want xci loading on an open source cfw, to have more control over error log creation and also to allow custom sysmodules to run in the bg.

Cyanopsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Otherwise an xci doesn't install anything? Okay, where are my saved games? How do you think nintendo sees the use of xci? That's a good question, isn't it?
Like I said, I didn't go into the argument of potential risk of banning in my post. I'm sure that if a format came into existence that was completely safe, it would take over but I'm certain that convince (the copy-and-go nature of xci) will be the choice for most. Developers and released groups alike.

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looking at the poll, right now it is in favor of XCI loading

Yes, he is in favour of this....
Oh, the statistics, we can make them say what we want, or interpret the results at our convenience
For example, who uses the xci? Only sxos users, right? Are there more of them than opensource users? The nsp is being banned faster, but who says that those who use xci will not be banned in a month or two? They may already be on the nintendo list, because the xci requires more time for nintendo to find them, but in no case do I get any hurried conclusions from them.

I agree with you rednaxelaNnamtra
But for me xci or nsp is exactly the same for me, I restore my nand before going online, so I don't see the problem and the difference between xci or nsp, for me it's exactly the same, for the same result, not banned

Last edited by KHEOPS,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Looking at the poll, right now it is in favor of XCI loading
Obviously, we want it. But do we need it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

20 minutes? more like double that.. installing games on the Switch is so slow.
Just installed diablo 3 (13GB) in 12 minutes.
Can't see why installing 16GB would take over 20 min.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Diablo is only 4GB in size so yeah, I'd expect that to install ''quickly'' (12 minute quick haha!!)
Diablo 3 is 13GB.
upload_2018-11-1_23-44-37.png
Still laughing?

P.S.: The cartridge has 4GB...

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Past Smash Bros games were barely playable online, so I'm not too hopeful there. It just requires such low latency and instant response that even a slightly high ping ruins it for everyone in the match.
But for sure Smash is not and has never been an online oriented game. Although I would still like online that actually worked, I'd probably not use it much.
Okay, that explains a lot. I have to admit that I've never been a fan of the series, and barely tried the previous entries. I had that misconception that the main draw for players was the online experience. Thanks for clarifying.

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Why, this topic still going on.

It has been discussed before, and hexkyz gave the best answer. -- No CFW that is open-source, would ever be legally able to release it.

#1 - XCI requires emulation of the cartridge encryption system - For this to work in SX OS they have crafted a 'semi-legit' cert based on actual game cartridge dump, and have included the main parts of it, for game dumps that don't have their own certs.

#2 - So for another CFW to have XCI loading, they would have to include 'copyrighted' and 'patented' code from nintendo and signed certs from legit game, as such any project pushed to github or another hosting service as open-source would have their project takedown asap and nintendo would most likely file legal charges against the author.

#3 - The only way maybe this might ever occur is if possible a custom .kip module was released anonymouns by some author, but then again might not even be possible that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt