Hacking Discussion Is there anybody working on XCI loading like SX does?

Do you want XCI loading on other CFWs?

• Yes

Votes: 85 72.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 27.4%

• Total voters

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Looking at the poll, right now it is in favor of XCI loading
With less than 20 votes.... And with a question that is "Do you want XCI loading on other CFWs?"... Do you want it? Sure, why not, more is better. Doesn't mean people actually think it's that relevant. Most will definitely be content with just NSPs.

Reactions: x65943

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i don't know, I think XCIs don't offer much of an advantage aside from been able to change them on the fly. However, I've got some friends that have encountered issues with load times (right now I recall they mentioned with Dragon Ball Fighterz) when using XCIs as it took waaayyyy too long. The installed the NSP and have never been happier.
Using XCIs doesn't prevent you from a ban. The best way to prevent the ban is to have a second switch.
Hello to all
The loading speed has nothing to do with it, just that the xci, are mainly stored on sdcard, so tests have been performed and the result is in terms of speed
Internal Nand > sd card > cartridge

Ex here
https://www.google.fr/amp/s/amp.red...imes_cartridges_vs_microsd_vs/#ampf=undefined

Last edited by KHEOPS,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
XCIs could be loaded from USB, NSPs can't be installed to USB in the near future.
Apart from that I don't care for XCIs as I have a 400 GB mSD card.

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
There is no reason when you have NSPs. And the rule of thumb says to stay offline if you want to mess with your console.
what? no, the rule of thumb says that you shouldn't care about online when you mess with your console, you modified it and you broke terms of use

also, XCI doesn't requieres installation, imagine that when Smash Bros launches and you're hyped for it(and you don't have money to buy it), you look that is 16GB, now imagine the time it would take to not just downloading, but also installing, also, you would need 32GB, this issues are fixed with XCI

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
what? no, the rule of thumb says that you shouldn't care about online when you mess with your console, you modified it and you broke terms of use

also, XCI doesn't requieres installation, imagine that when Smash Bros launches and you're hyped for it(and you don't have money to buy it), you look that is 16GB, now imagine the time it would take to not just downloading, but also installing, also, you would need 32GB, this issues are fixed with XCI
Being offline is way better than just don't care about online. Nobody said it requires installation.
Also, you can install from PC with tinfoil. Or you can install to NAND.

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
But then you don't have to care about going to menu to mount it.
And you can install it when you are not playing.
Did I mention on the example THAT YOU WOULD BE HYPED?
Like I said, why would you want to wait, when you have a solution where you don't have to wait(XCI)

Remember: Just because you don't care about something doesn't means that nobody does

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Did I mention on the example THAT YOU WOULD BE HYPED?
Like I said, why would you want to wait, when you have a solution where you don't have to wait(XCI)

Remember: Just because you don't care about something doesn't means that nobody does
If you can't wait like 20minutes for a game to install, I don't know why are you even downloading them.
What you're saying is pretty much nonsense. OMG YOU ARE SO HYPED. YOU HAVE TO HAVE IT IMMEDIATELY!!!

Reactions: peteruk

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not true
Xci or nsp...
Nothing right here.
Reports from xci, nsp, or homebrew, online, have all been banned, or not yet,the next wave...
There are not 36 solutions, the only one I know of
Restoration of your own nand, and playing your games bought legally.

Reactions: Tumoche and Mazamin

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Out of curiosity, isn't the upcoming Smash Bros an online-oriented game? Why would someone who hacked his Switch be hyped about it, if he won't be able to enjoy the game the way it's meant to be played? To be honest, I'll probably download it when it's out, but I would definitely not call myself "hyped" about it.

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Out of curiosity, isn't the upcoming Smash Bros an online-oriented game? Why would someone who hacked his Switch be hyped about it, if he won't be able to enjoy the game the way it's meant to be played? To be honest, I'll probably download it when it's out, but I would definitely not call myself "hyped" about it.
Well, you could have people over and play locally. That's what I do most of the times.

D

Deleted User

Done roughly 60 Switch mods now and so far its looking like way less bans with XCis. 6.1 is def banning immediately with nsps. 2 consoles banned in 1 day.

Reactions: Lil_SpazJoekp

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, you could have people over and play locally. That's what I do most of the times.
Yeah, that's what I thought after posting. Local multi-player is the best experience you can get. Much better than online. You can tease your friends endlessly when they lose.

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've seen messages like this before.
Xci = less risk
Until you're banned
Less risk doesn't mean 0% risk, even 1% risk ,can make your switch useful for a clipboard, if you have money to lose have fun with your xci online, and prepare to buy a second switch, seriously ban reports there are over a hundred pages here, it's sad but real.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Less risk doesn't mean 0% risk, even 1% risk ,can make your switch useful for a clipboard, if you have money to lose have fun with your xci online, and prepare to buy a second switch, seriously ban reports there are over a hundred pages here, it's sad but real.
It's not really a question of having money to lose. A banned Switch is still perfectly fine, it's just that you can't do anything online with it. It's a calculated risk. People are willing to take a chance of being banned to enjoy all the benefits of a hacked console. If they aren't willing to take the chance, they don't hack it, or buy a second Switch for online play only (but what fun is there in having an unhacked Switch? :P )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone