Hacking Is There Anybody In Bury Greater Manchester Area That Does Wii Modchip

need4speed

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi there does anybody from the Bury area or In greater manchester area that somebody will Install a modchip In my Nintendo Wii console? Thanks.

need4speed

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Me and brother went there today and we could not find the place using the sat and nav. The round about was confusing my brother on where to go etc.

need4speed

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dread123 said:
yeah a bloke called steve can do it. he is in manchester taken about 4 wii's to him and he'll do there and then.

http://playbackups.com

Thanks for the Infomation dread123
biggrin.gif
Does he also comes to peoples houses and Installs the modchip as well? I read somewhere that he comes to there houses I think. Please get back to me thanks
smile.gif

Stevespy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playbackups.com
XP
Country
The post thread is 'Is There Anybody in Bury Greater Manchester Area That Does Wii Modchip', so I dont know why people from far away are posting here.

I am a long established installer in the Manchester Area and have been chipping playstations ever since the old grey ones came out. Ringo was the original chip guy in the Corn Exchange when it was blown up by the IRA. I have worked with him for many years since then and have modded all the consoles brought out since then.

If your going to comment on any of the pictures on my website, post your picture of how it should be done. I think you will find your push on clip mods are ameteurish at best.

All my modifications are professionally soldered and fully guaranteed.

I used to do Bowlers computer fair but modchipping on there was banned by the council earlier this year. It used to be fantastic for modifications and computer bits, but times have moved on. You can save yourself the £3 entry and worry of leaving your console with someone you dont know.

If anyone wants to have their Wii modded, In the Manchester area, let me know, I can do it while you wait.

Steve. 0777 633 1707 http://playbackups.com/

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im not ozchips but i can see what his problem is there is flux leak everywhere the soldering is high should be nearly flush and the wires god how untidy you want to be. if you wonder what my credentials are well im a watch maker / precision engineer so i know a lot about fine solder work also service repair mobile phones

Stevespy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playbackups.com
XP
Country
skedone said:
ok im not ozchips but i can see what his problem is there is flux leak everywhere the soldering is high should be nearly flush and the wires god how untidy you want to be. if you wonder what my credentials are well im a watch maker / precision engineer so i know a lot about fine solder work also service repair mobile phones

Funny that you think the soldering is 'high' as the picture quoted before is from above the modification. You cant tell the height of the solder points and there are no 'flux leaks'.

I would never go on forums and put down somebody elses work. If you were a professional you wouldnt either. Post a pic of your work if you think your good.

I think people modding in different coutries should be less critical of their counterparts in other coutries. Its not like you could be the leading modchip engineer in Manchester. I wouldnt come over there to fix watches and mobile phones.

Steve. 0777 633 1707 http://playbackups.com/

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a wiiclip + d2pro9 v3 off didineedthis which didn't work... It clipped on once, but I had a red light and eject issues, so I contacted him and was told to unsolder the J points and solder it to my board. I unsoldered the points, and then it wouldn't clip back on - it was too loose. I emailed him again saying it didn't work and was too loose, and was told it was my fault, and couldn't send it back.

Not saying you should avoid though, just crappy customer service and a waste of £45.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
Stevespy said:
So your not Ozmodchips eh. Wink Wink.

That is Correct. Not sure if you are trying to imply that we have some kind of fake account, and are trying to put you down? There is no need for that at all. But if you are, here are some installation pics anyway (just in case)

YOU-->

d2cjm7.jpg

US -->

dsc00392ez0.jpg

dsc00415wc0.jpg

Stevespy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playbackups.com
XP
Country
OzModChips said:
Stevespy said:
So your not Ozmodchips eh. Wink Wink.

That is Correct. Not sure if you are trying to imply that we have some kind of fake account, and are trying to put you down? There is no need for that at all. But if you are, here are some installation pics anyway (just in case)

YOU-->

d2cjm7.jpg

US -->

dsc00392ez0.jpg

dsc00415wc0.jpg

I cant believe you are posting pics of Kynar wire install of the D2Ckey install. Do you know what the wire is made of?
Ask yourself what is the best conductor of electricity. If Kynar is the first thing that springs to mind, then you need to back to school. You might also consult the periodic table of elements.

Only in upsidedown land could they make money out of this kind of install.

What are you using now. plastic clips?

When I emailed Ozmodchips.com and asked them to stop posting ridiculous comments about my installation pics this was the reply:

"Well, that wasn't me, there are a couple of ozmodchips employees that frequent forums."

Any wonder why I think you might be over using the forum platform to promote your business.

It is clear Mr Ozmodchips that you wish to put down other companies installing these modchips. But I dont understand your reasoning. I am not a competitor because you are on the other side of the world. Do you think that because my modifications dont look like yours they are somehow inferior? Dont you like the fact that I have not used pretty coloured wiring?

I am quite happy to leave you doing your Kynar installations of modchips because it is a basic method of installation. It is only used because it is presoldered. Any muppet with a set of teeth can bite off the end and solder it to a bit of metal.

The manufaturers of the PCB's on the consoles did not sit down and think 'i will make it all out of Kynar'. That would just be silly. they decided it must be made out of copper printed circuit board. The very same copper, in the form of wire, that I use in every installation of modchips I do.

I challenge anyone to go to anyone qualified in electronics and ask him what is the best wire to use in an electronic installation. Knar is reserved for people who are just not good at soldering.

Thanks Ozmodchips for posting the pics. I think my installation is better. But is that you or just some guy you pay to pretend he is you?

Steve. http://playbackups.com

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kynar does seem to be a modders choice but i agree with you there i would not use kynar either. and yes i will provide soldier pics for you soon do you want my hot air work IR work or iron work?

Stevespy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playbackups.com
XP
Country
skedone said:
kynar does seem to be a modders choice but i agree with you there i would not use kynar either. and yes i will provide soldier pics for you soon do you want my hot air work IR work or iron work?

Skedone, would love to see your installation pics. Glad that you know something about electronics.

Infra red is certainly the in thing. If you post some nice pics, I am sure you will get some work off it. I am all for promoting good work and I pass work on to anyone who I think can do a good job. I am constantly getting calls from people not in my area wanting to take consoles to someone nearer. Yes I get calls from the USA!

Steve. http://playbackups.com

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
Stevespy said:
Thanks Ozmodchips for posting the pics. I think my installation is better. But is that you or just some guy you pay to pretend he is you?

Hehe, you are reading into it too much buddy.
All I said was that I didn't like your installation

You dug up the thread after you probably googled yourself nearly 1 year later
If you think your installation is better than ours, thats cool. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Stop trying to think we are trying to destroy you rep, if i was i would tell people to try and avoid you, and post on multiple forums.
all i said is "thats a bad install"

chill out stevey boy
smile.gif

Stevespy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playbackups.com
XP
Country
OzModChips said:
Stevespy said:

Hehe, you are reading into it too much buddy.
All I said was that I didn't like your installation

You dug up the thread after you probably googled yourself nearly 1 year later
If you think your installation is better than ours, thats cool. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Stop trying to think we are trying to destroy you rep, if i was i would tell people to try and avoid you, and post on multiple forums.
all i said is "thats a bad install"

chill out stevey boy
smile.gif

Ozybaby, I am chilled out. But be honest, you, or whoever you got to post your "thats a bad install" does not know what they are talking about. Yes the good guys at Google alerted me to your post.

You seem to have skipped the Periodic table of elements arguement for one one of " if i was i would tell people to try and avoid you, and post on multiple forums."

Ozmodchips exactly what kind of operation are you running there? Is it a grudge left over from when we deported all you villians?

Only joking Ozbaby, I am sure you are the guy to take your console to in Australia. But it would sure help if you wrote nice posts about other mod guys. There are not that many good ones around.

Steve. http:\\playbackups.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM