Is there any ways to swap save files between two Pokemon games?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TomJinWoo95, Apr 15, 2016.

1. TomJinWoo95
    OP

TomJinWoo95 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2013
    Switzerland
    In early days swapping save files between Pokemon games are very easy(like Diamond & Pearl, Black and White).

However, I don't find out a way to inject my Omega Ruby save file into Alpha Sapphire.
    Savefiler will report an error when you are trying to inject a renamed (000011C4 to 000011C5) save file.
    The game reports a save corrupt if you directly use a Card 2 save injector.

So there's no way to swap the save file at all?

2. Leslie White

Leslie White GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    France
    Paris
    It's super easy.

With savedatafiler, extract your save from both games.

Go in the filer folder from your SD card, then in the folder from your Ruby save, copy the ruby "main" file and replace it into the Alpha Sapphire save folder.

Then import with SDF your alpha sapphire save, just like you normally would (but it will be the Main save file from ruby).

Et voilĂ  ;) That's how i was able to unlock both the 12th and 13rd online music battles on the same game ;)

3. TomJinWoo95
    OP

TomJinWoo95 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2013
    Switzerland
    Solved. Thanks. If you met the problem "The saved data is not compatible with this version, so it can't be used."
    Go to savedatafiler and delete the secure value (R+X) , inject save file again and it will work.

4. Just Passing By

Just Passing By GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Why use Savedatafiler? I recommend Jk's SaveManager. What it has above Savedatafiler is that it's open source, still being updated, and it has more features such as automatically deleting secure values and mass backing up games so you don't have to go through one by one.

migles and astronautlevel like this.
  5. Leslie White

Leslie White GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    France
    Paris
    Thanks about the tip ! Didn't know about JK's savemanager, I just tried it, it is really really nice ! A lot more convenient than sdf ;)

astronautlevel likes this.
  6. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    read this https://gbatemp.net/threads/omega-ruby-and-alpha-saphir-save-swap.422880

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

sdf export folder contains the export and import info. times, titleid, etc. to swap the file, you should replace the main file, not the folder.

JKSM is also a good option, it doesn't need any log file

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I don't suggest swap the save profile, if you do swap the files, please do edit the event

7. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i was looking at a good save manager, thanks for the tip

Ericjwg likes this.