Homebrew is there any way to use a wii u as a vGPU?

Virtual-Wii-noob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this idea struck me when i remembered my friend told me he had the GPU that was the base for the Wii U one on his pc and i remembered how he rented a vGPU before he got his current pc. if i disconnected all devices but the two from my network it might be possible for me to run it.

Reactions: Alexander1970
D

Deleted User

this idea struck me when i remembered my friend told me he had the GPU that was the base for the Wii U one on his pc and i remembered how he rented a vGPU before he got his current pc. if i disconnected all devices but the two from my network it might be possible for me to run it.

No! For same reasons you can´t use a PS4 or XboxOne as "external GPU". There´s no Thunderbolt-like connection. And the only connection which would be fast enough is the one, directly handled by the cpu. But that connection doesn´t have a normed standard. And it´s not some plug, where you simply put your cable into, you´d have to do a hard-mod in order to gain access to that connection....
eGPUs typically tend to come with simple USB 3.1 or even Thunderbolt to connect to, you know standard connections. Those aren´t encrypted.

Everything from USB 2.0 on WiiU is heavily encrypted (and when i say heavy i mean it) and using a custom filesystem makes it unusable for any sort of communication with the cpu, to e.g. connect a printer or something like it there.

The only other connection would be the Wifi of the gamepad.But that again is custom.You can´t simply break in there to use it for your own purposes...
The WiiU currently is still considered "Fort Knox" when it comes to gain access to it´s components...
Maybe in 6 months there´s better news. But for now. No chance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr